SB 107-27: Regulatory Process Reform Act (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:32:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 107-27: Regulatory Process Reform Act (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 107-27: Regulatory Process Reform Act (Tabled)  (Read 1768 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« on: March 04, 2022, 02:48:15 PM »

Thank you Mr. PPT,

This bill, written by Senator Mr. R, will work to curb overregulation and will likely work to reduce unnecessary government spending. This bill allows bills that make a net loss for the government to be passed through statute as normal but prevents the executive branch or independent governmental agencies from implementing costly regulations of their own design without congressional approval.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 11:43:17 AM »

Nay
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 12:54:09 PM »

Nay
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 05:10:16 AM »

Nay.

Motion on proceeding to a tabling vote:

Aye (9): Beesley, Kuumo, Crane, Discolovante, S019, CalamityBlue, Western Democrat, Falterin, Tack

Nay ( 8 ): DeadPrez, Mr. R, West Midlander, Ishan, North Carolina Yankee, Muad’dib, Old School Republican, Joseph Cao

Abstain (1): WeatherBoy

Motion passes, a vote on tabling is now open. Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.

In past administrations I don't recall us proceeding to tabling votes on simple majority either, it's typically been two-thirds.

Cloture votes are equivalent to proceeding to a tabling vote and the rules revision we recently approved changed the threshold for cloture to a majority.

Tyranny of the majority.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 11:21:37 AM »

Why was this vote closed after two minutes?

This PPT and his lackey want a one-party state where the opposition can do nothing and they are proud of it.

This PPT and his lackey want a game where non-Laborites are driven out which would kill the game. Even in the majority, they work to break the game, and when they lose they attempt to break the game.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 07:58:05 PM »

When you lobbied me for my support in opposing WD's proposed rules change last session I assumed that you were someone who respects our democratic institutions but I was wrong. You only support good, honest government when it suits your interests.

I was right to leave the Labor cabal two years ago.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 07:40:15 PM »

The right wing turned the PPT into a dictator so they could pass their gun bills. Now the right wing is acting in mock horror when it turns out that, whoops, the PPT is a dictator now!

Give us all a break. You reap what you sow.

I'm pretty sure the rule change never passed and I was opposed to allowing the PPT to neuter the opposition. FTR, I don't know how the right "turned the PPT into a dictator" since at best we were at 9-9 which was effectively 10-9 with the VP's vote and we didn't control the presidency at the time either.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2022, 07:41:33 PM »

Can't I just be impressed WD's creativity without being insulted?

With respect, telling someone "well done" typically implies you approve of what they did especially since you capped it off with an exclamation point. If you want to feign outrage I can't stop you, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies