Questions About Other Countries' Politics that You Were Too Afraid To Ask
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:50:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Questions About Other Countries' Politics that You Were Too Afraid To Ask
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Questions About Other Countries' Politics that You Were Too Afraid To Ask  (Read 6673 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2024, 04:51:12 PM »

7. But perhaps this is not a coincidence: an outsider may well be preferred to a more locally-rooted candidate from one of the other towns.

I've seen something similar as a possible explanation for the curious fact that none of the last three Orkney & Shetland MPs have been from either Orkney or Shetland.

Huh, that makes some sense. Particularly given that, when you split them up, that curiosity goes away.

I cannot go into that much detail, but I am aware of a conversation that occurred at an event held at a well-known museum in Dudley to launch a book written by a well-known figure born in Walsall. This conversation entailed the bookseller hired for the event wondering whether it would make sense for the museum to buy a few copies from the publisher for its own shop and the senior member of museum staff they were talking to expressing the view that, as nice an idea as that sounded as the person in question was from Walsall there would be no demand for the book in Dudley.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies