What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:56:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would Atlas be like if it existed in the past?  (Read 32072 times)
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 06, 2021, 02:43:47 AM »
« edited: February 06, 2021, 02:47:03 AM by TheReckoning »

Badger
★★★

Given Reagan’s abysmal job as president, will Mondale sweep all 50 states?
« on: November 2, 1984, 10:09:32 A.M. »

Reagan worshippers can deny it all they want, but for those of us who AREN’T delusional, the answer is fairly obvious.

TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 07:21:34 PM »

Badger
★★★

Given Reagan’s abysmal job as president, will Mondale sweep all 50 states?
« on: November 2, 1984, 10:09:32 A.M. »

Reagan worshippers can deny it all they want, but for those of us who AREN’T delusional, the answer is fairly obvious.

Cute, but having actually been a teenage campaign volunteer for Mondale at the time I can tell you it was all too apparent that he was going to get creamed. We were just fighting for the good side and hoping for something less than a 49-state sweep.

That said, history has borne us out as correct.

So tell me, if it was obvious you would lose, what exactly was the goal of the campaign? Obviously you were only a teenager, but were some other people on the campaign still holding onto hope? Was it just “lose as least-bad as possible”? Because that just seems rather pointless.

I mean, Trump was down only 5 points in polls and people said it was over for him, I can only imagine what people were saying when Mondale was down 18.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 04:38:48 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2023, 07:05:33 PM by TheReckoning »

SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

Will the colonies lose the war for independence?
« on: August 29, 1777, 6:12:34 pm »

I sure hope Britain wins. I mean, slavery has been abolished in England for centuries, while most of our colonies still allow it! Our most progressive, liberal politicians would be considered as conservatives in England and most of Europe.

SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

BREAKING: Napoleon surrenders, sent to Exile in St. Helena
« on: July 22, 1815 9:27:45 pm »

To be honest, I think all of our presidents deserve the same fate, maybe even worse. Considering America’s invasion of the Northwestern Indian Confederacy, and all the others acts of imperialism the USA has engaged in with Native Americans, we deserve France-level condemnation.

SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

When will the Union win the Civil War?
« on: November 12, 1864, 7:08:12 pm »

Never.

Or, alternatively, when the United States ceases to exist at all. I’ll let you interpret that for yourself.

SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

If Teddy Roosevelt wins in 1916, will he invade Canada?
« on: March 19, 1915, 2:02:56 pm »

I’m being completely serious here. He supported the Spanish American War back in ‘98 and many Republicans are on record saying that Germany’s conduct in this war have been impressive. And given how many Republicans have been reluctant to want to give aid to Britain in the war, I think Roosevelt (or another Republican) may try to invade Canada if they win in the future.

SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
★★★★★

How much aid should the USA give to the Allies?
« on: January 22, 1940, 10:36:45 pm »

As much as possible. When the Republicans win in 1940 (and let’s face it, Roosevelt has no chance- there’s never been a 3 term president before) they will side with Hitler, and it’ll be over for France and the UK. This is the only shot for the Allies to win.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies