California Districting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:07:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  California Districting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: California Districting  (Read 18676 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2008, 07:25:10 PM »

The Census needs to talk to the Census. While the ACS is showing a decline, their estimates page is showing a very, very slow increase.

Ya, numbers are all over the place.

Wouldn't be surprised if the reality is that the black population is basically static with some loss due to immigration to the south and some natural increase due to births and what not. I do believe they are going to the south and perhaps Nevada. I have no clue why else the black population would be declining. I am sure it has to do with higher cost of living in the cities.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2008, 08:47:29 AM »

The Census needs to talk to the Census. While the ACS is showing a decline, their estimates page is showing a very, very slow increase.

Ya, numbers are all over the place.
It probably depends on whether they include Black Hispanics, or Black in combination with other races, both of which account for 200- to 250,000 persons.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2008, 09:06:50 AM »

It probably depends on whether they include Black Hispanics, or Black in combination with other races, both of which account for 200- to 250,000 persons.

I can't speak for the ACS, but the estimates file shows non-Hispanic Black population going absolutely nowhere (which probably means net out-migration) while the Hispanic Black population has increased substantially since 2000 from a low base.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2008, 11:19:51 AM »

The ACS is still very much in testing. Phase III testing, if you will, but still testing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies