PPP: FL (Biden +4), DE (Biden +21), NY (Biden +31) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:51:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  PPP: FL (Biden +4), DE (Biden +21), NY (Biden +31) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: FL (Biden +4), DE (Biden +21), NY (Biden +31)  (Read 2298 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« on: August 25, 2020, 06:59:35 AM »

FL
Biden 48
Trump 44

DE
Biden 58
Trump 37

NY
Biden 63
Trump 32

https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/polls/new-york-wants-trump-in-florida-florida-wants-trump-in-new-york-delaware-wants-biden-in-delaware/
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 07:00:39 AM »

Huge swings for Biden, especially in DE and NY. DE was Clinton +11 and NY was Clinton +22.5. Nearly doubling Clinton in DE and close to 10% above Clinton in NY
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 08:28:47 AM »

RCP: Even though the poll was scientifcally performed, it's a Democratic pollster--so we won't include it in our averages.  We don't want bias.

Once again, I don't understand the dislike on here for Real Clear Politics. But I digress.

People just want a clean aggregate. 538 is better now since they launched their polling averages page, but RCP will quite often include R pollsters but not include D pollsters. They literally included the OANN Gravis polls but wouldn't add Morning Consult or PPP polls, amongst others.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 11:19:38 AM »

RCP: Even though the poll was scientifcally performed, it's a Democratic pollster--so we won't include it in our averages.  We don't want bias.

Once again, I don't understand the dislike on here for Real Clear Politics. But I digress.

People just want a clean aggregate. 538 is better now since they launched their polling averages page, but RCP will quite often include R pollsters but not include D pollsters. They literally included the OANN Gravis polls but wouldn't add Morning Consult or PPP polls, amongst others.

Not only that, they won't even reveal what their criteria actually are for including polls in the aggregate (people like Harry Enten and Nate Cohn have tried to find out from RCP).  This says to me that the criteria are arbitrary and subjective.  No, thanks.

They're also not including polls from pollsters they were including in their 2016 average 6 like Reuters/Ipsos and USC Dornslife. It's very disappointing how often it's still used as a go-to aggregate for more casual followers.

TBF, USC still hasn't released topline numbers for that poll, so it's not showing up in anyone's aggregate yet.

I honestly don't know what USC is doing. Their whole roll out of this "poll" has been really confusing. They never even put out toplines for their first release last week
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 11:39:02 AM »

When has PPP ever showed a bad poll for Biden and the Democrats?

There's been plenty where they've shown the Democrat down.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies