Is the Republican's problem that they're too Southern? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:21:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Is the Republican's problem that they're too Southern? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is the Republican's problem that they're too Southern?  (Read 18540 times)
bobloblaw
« on: January 05, 2015, 09:06:14 PM »

Hello?Huh

The GOP has more elected representatives than at anytime since 1928. How delusional is this site?
bobloblaw
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 11:04:28 PM »

Every Midwestern state except MN has a GOP Gov. MA and ME have GOP govs.

Yes, Bruce Rauner is too southern
Yes, Charlie Baker is too southern.

Id say the Dem party is too New York and too California.
bobloblaw
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 11:29:00 PM »

Every Midwestern state except MN has a GOP Gov. MA and ME have GOP govs.

Yes, Bruce Rauner is too southern
Yes, Charlie Baker is too southern.

Id say the Dem party is too New York and too California.
You literally picked two moderates that most likely will expand Medicaid in their states and be socially liberal. Basically, you realize how destructive gay hating conservatives can be.

Hey, how is Senator Akin doing?

So what? My point is the premise of the GOP being too southern is absurd. BTW why didnt IL and MA already expand Medicaid with their Dem governors?
bobloblaw
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 10:37:34 AM »

They are still reaping the benefits of the census data prior to 2020, where it will change and benefit the Democrats, finally, where the country will be a minority majority country.

States with the fewest electoral votes combined with the governors we elect in WI, MI, IL, MD, MA, ME and FL or OH will give us the electoral strength to break the GOP in the House, finally.

The country will NOT be minority majority in 2020 youre over 20 years too soon.

IL is already gerrymandered to the maximum benefit of Dems. When IL loses 1-2 seats, it will be Dems seats. MD, MA, ME have nearly no GOPers to begin with, so I dont know why you bring up thoses states.

The Dems best hope is in FL, OH, PA and MI. But it is not as much as you think given the Dem vote in those states is heavily concentrated in urban areas. To create a Dem House majority in MI would require even more absurd gerrymandering than the GOP has there now. The entire Dem vote in MI comes from basically four counties. Wayne, Genessee and Washtenaw and Ingraham but even that is less Dem than the first three. Without thoses counties MI is a deep red state. So winning the State Legislature and redrawing a majority Dem House in MI is near impossible. Same is true for OH and PA.

It works in IL because Chicago and Cook has proportionally more population in the state than Wayne in MI  or Cuyahoga does in OH.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies