So lets discuss which Democratic Representatives need to be primaried in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 03:38:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  So lets discuss which Democratic Representatives need to be primaried in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So lets discuss which Democratic Representatives need to be primaried in 2020  (Read 10209 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: November 17, 2018, 02:20:15 AM »

Before the events of the past few days the only rationale for primarying Lynch was knee-jerk EMILY's List litmus-testing and/or thinking his "style" was too old-fashioned or whatever, but now that he's joined this quixotic conservadem brinksmanship over the Speakership I'm much more willing to accept that his district could probably do better. He's still not nearly as odious as Flawless Beautiful Seth.

Voting against Obamacare wasn't enough?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 12:32:07 AM »

Also, has anybody mentioned Josh Gottheimer yet? I know he represents a Republican PVI district, but the Democrats should not have officeholders who explicitly articulate well-heeled suburbanite cultural superiority complexes the way Gottheimer did with his "Anti-Moocher Bill" stunt. He's basically Congressman IceSpear.

Gottheimer is awesome! I loved this ad he ran about how Scott Garrett should be representing Racist AL Hicks, not New Jersey. The lovely residents of New Jersey agreed, even in a horrible year for Democrats like 2016! Smiley

https://youtu.be/lEMvSGSyTUA
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 12:45:33 AM »

After their decision to play saboteur before even taking office with their scheme to primary long-term incumbents,

This reeks of good-old-boys-drinking-whiskey-and-rye entitlement.

Can we get a pro-choice person in Stephen Lynch’s seat? Please?

And this reeks of the Kulturkampf litmus testing that's contributing to the corrosion of American public life, even though I've come around to agreeing that MA-08 can do better than Lynch for other reasons. (I'd say the same to a Republican pleading that Murkowski be replaced by some NRLC talking head, and fwiw I'm in complete agreement with the rest of your hit list.)

Also, has anybody mentioned Josh Gottheimer yet? I know he represents a Republican PVI district, but the Democrats should not have officeholders who explicitly articulate well-heeled suburbanite cultural superiority complexes the way Gottheimer did with his "Anti-Moocher Bill" stunt. He's basically Congressman IceSpear.

Gottheimer is awesome! I loved this ad he ran about how Scott Garrett should be representing Racist AL Hicks, not New Jersey. The lovely residents of New Jersey agreed, even in a horrible year for Democrats like 2016! Smiley

https://youtu.be/lEMvSGSyTUA

You know, IceSpear, I did sort of miss you while I wasn't posting.

Thanks! Smiley

When did you leave, btw? I left for about a year after the election and came back in late 2017 in time for the Virginia election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies