Revised Constitution by Demrepdan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:23:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Revised Constitution by Demrepdan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Revised Constitution by Demrepdan  (Read 5154 times)
dunn

« on: March 19, 2004, 06:39:09 PM »

Here is the newly revised constitution....rewritten...with several changes that have been made at the request of many. Unicameral congress (Senate).....three person Supreme Court......staggered Senatorial elections.....Supersoutly's Region/District plan (the districts may change before we finalize the constitution....since we are getting new members registered).....several of Emsworth's re-wordings.....and also some other things to fill in holes.....and answer many questions and solve many problems that we may face in the future...

This revised draft his entirely open to criticism and changes....and is NOT the final version.....HOWEVER.......I HOPE deep in my heart....that the changes that may be made...will be minimal....since we have went over the old version...and changed it....thus creating the NEW version which you will read today....there shouldn't be TOO many more things to change. I mean...how many versions do we have to go through? I hope we are closer to the ratification of the constitution than we are from the beginning.  But again....it's still open to criticism and change.

Also note...with all the added material it has gone from 8 pages in length to nearly 9 pages.....so please don’t let the length of the document discourage you from reading it in it’s entirety.

Revised Atlas Forum Constitution

no mention of the ones that fought for the very idea and wrote the first draft. how mighty have fallen
dunn

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 04:29:28 AM »

no mention of the ones that fought for the very idea and wrote the first draft. how mighty have fallen

dunn, I have defended myself on this before....I suggested having a Constitution LONG before you came here....back when we first starting having the elections (just after the primaries)....I said...."We should have rules set forth to determine how elections should be conducted." No one listened to me....no one cared......they said..."Nawww...there's no need for that.....we're just having a little fun with elections...no need to get carried away." So I let it DROP......then....after the election...and all the PROBLEMS we faced.......you come along...and suggest the idea of having a Constitution....and I was ecstatic...thinking that there is someone on my side..who will help me in making the constitution...so we hold the constitution convention.....I write my Constitution within a weeks time....trying to perfect it (with still many flaws)....and I post it. I've heard accusations that I have STOLEN from the Progressive's constitution....these accusations are entirely false. I set the REAL U.S. Constitution as a TEMPLATE to make mine..and not the progressive's constitution. And if it was a RACE as to whoever posted there constitution FIRST....then I clearly lost....but I didn’t think that was the case....

You formed the "Constitutional Party"...which later became the "Progressive Party"....and you believe that you are the idealist...you came up with the idea...thus the Progressive's should get recognition, all credit, and control.

I'll be the first to THANK you personally Dunn, for your efforts in bringing forth the Constitution. You are the person who got the ball rolling when I could not.

But I will never concede...and say that the former Constitutional Party (now the Progressives) deserve ALL the credit.....because neither do I....nor does anyone else....

You fought for it....you're right dunn....and I thank you and commend you for your efforts as well as the "Constitutional Party's" leadership in raising broad attention to the fact that we must have a constitution.....but although your party has fought for it.....so have many others.....and I will not recognize your party with more precedence than any other person who contributed to this effort.
Ok
Case closed
dunn

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 05:40:36 AM »

Why did you shorten voting periods from 72 to 48 hours? I must say I disapprove of that!
The voter must state on his ballot from which state he is casting his vote? I think I know why you put that in - to prevent confusion - but that may create lots of unnecessarily invalid ballots, which would be beside the point. I say, there should be an official voters register which will note who's registered in what state, and which will be posted after registrations close. If you want to change your home state, it's not enough to get a different avatar, you also have to post the change in the registration thread (but not of course in the last ten days before the elections)
Why term limits for the Vice Presidency? They don't exist in the US.
Regional Rights- what if I as Governor just set my term period at 100 years? Maybe we should have something like "Governors will be elected for four months terms without term limits on the same day as mid-term elections and using the same system, until and unless a majority of its residents decide otherwise in a public vote"?
Does Article V, clause 2 also apply to signatures or only to the text of posts? I approve only in the latter case.
There's a strange hald-sentence at the end of V, 5, that's probably not supposed to be there...
But the most important point is, of course: One of those regions of yours still has only three registered voters, including the vice president. Thus the other two have to be the Governor and Senator. This problem should be rectified by exchanging Nebraska for Missouri, putting two more registered voters in the region.

Indeed. Thank you lewis
dunn

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 04:14:56 AM »

DemRep, we might not agree wuth you but we highly appreciate you b/c you are comeeted to the issues and the constitution like us. And you are a cabunet member so have more power then a 3rd party
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies