opebo Week: A Celebration of His Life & Times (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:24:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  opebo Week: A Celebration of His Life & Times (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: opebo Week: A Celebration of His Life & Times  (Read 9867 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« on: January 05, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »

While Joe Republic is an exception to this, it's hilarious to see most of the Obepo haters attack his simple, if wrongheaded, defenses of child abuse, while they simultaneously literally worship at the alter of organizations that have systematically enganged in and covered up such behavior since time immemorial. Perhaps if we can simply buy Obepo a cassock, he will not only be reinstated but also have statues of him built so that future generations may know him also.

Umm... would you mind giving us an example of an 'Obepo hater' who worships said organization? Please do.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 09:42:31 AM »

Another thing I miss about opebo is the What have you eaten for dinner thread, which immediately self-destructed after our friend's untimely assassination. I loved reading about the food in Thailand. Here's a typical post of his in that thread.
I had a nice stir fry of pork liver and ginger, with a bit of onion and red hot chili peppers, served on a plate of rice..  also shared a large 'tom yum' - spicy - slightly sour - creamy soup with small pieces of squid, shrimp, and chicken, as well as mushrooms (and various herbs and flavor-imparting roots which are not really meant to be eaten).  My Thai professor friend had a fried rice with pork and broccoli, and I treated - total cost for the two of us with Coke to drink, 135 baht, about $4.50.

Would you mind answering the question I posed earlier?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 11:00:51 AM »

Another thing I miss about opebo is the What have you eaten for dinner thread, which immediately self-destructed after our friend's untimely assassination. I loved reading about the food in Thailand. Here's a typical post of his in that thread.
I had a nice stir fry of pork liver and ginger, with a bit of onion and red hot chili peppers, served on a plate of rice..  also shared a large 'tom yum' - spicy - slightly sour - creamy soup with small pieces of squid, shrimp, and chicken, as well as mushrooms (and various herbs and flavor-imparting roots which are not really meant to be eaten).  My Thai professor friend had a fried rice with pork and broccoli, and I treated - total cost for the two of us with Coke to drink, 135 baht, about $4.50.

I prefer not to name names because this thread is about opebo, and not about his individual and collective detractors, but I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised to see one member of the type I described more or less admit the contradiction and concede that a Great Purge is in order. You'd have to be a complete fool not to be able to connect the dots between those who worship and those who attack opebo's memory. I'm hesistent to put words in another person's mouth, but perhaps their objection is that they feel that child abuse ought to be the exclusive domain of clergymen, as some sort of official sacrament or veneration.

Do you read the nonsense you write or do you just spew it?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 07:39:19 PM »

I had a nice stir fry of pork liver and ginger, with a bit of onion and red hot chili peppers, served on a plate of rice..  also shared a large 'tom yum' - spicy - slightly sour - creamy soup with small pieces of squid, shrimp, and chicken, as well as mushrooms (and various herbs and flavor-imparting roots which are not really meant to be eaten).  My Thai professor friend had a fried rice with pork and broccoli, and I treated - total cost for the two of us with Coke to drink, 135 baht, about $4.50.

I prefer not to name names because this thread is about opebo, and not about his individual and collective detractors, but I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised to see one member of the type I described more or less admit the contradiction and concede that a Great Purge is in order. You'd have to be a complete fool not to be able to connect the dots between those who worship and those who attack opebo's memory. I'm hesistent to put words in another person's mouth, but perhaps their objection is that they feel that child abuse ought to be the exclusive domain of clergymen, as some sort of official sacrament or veneration.

Do you read the nonsense you write or do you just spew it?
So you're in the camp with Nathan that religious people are simply too simpleminded to be logically consistent? I was merely giving them the benefit of the doubt that they are not, but they merely view child abuse as a Religious Privilege. I suppose you two could just as easily be correct. Perhaps even a bit of each for certain folks.

Most of the Anti-Opebo drive was not religious in nature. I don't know where you get the idea that it was, except that it dovetails nicely with your political views.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 11:33:03 AM »

Most of the Anti-Opebo drive was not religious in nature. I don't know where you get the idea that it was, except that it dovetails nicely with your political views.

The sex-negative feminist prudes on here are just as bad, if not worse.

And these people are?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 12:58:30 PM »

The sex-negative feminist prudes on here are just as bad, if not worse.

Thank you.

You were exactly who I had in mind!

And was Madeleine the spirit of the anti-opebo crowd? Or are you just generalizing a heterogeneous group with stereotypes as to defend the undefensible?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 06:33:56 PM »

Where's the underage putang in Gully's stalking of opebo again?

I never said - in this context - that she was underage. Nice try though to get me suggest that I'm not. I do have more quotes of this nature if you want them though.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 05:03:13 PM »

It's hilarious how convinced you all are that third world prostitutes are totally consensual happy whores doing what they want. No way could they have been coerced into this and no way are they being abused by their customers.

The lengths some of you will go to is pretty bizarre.

Thailand experienced rapid economic growth between 1985 and 1996, becoming a newly industrialised country and a major exporter. Manufacturing, agriculture, and tourism are leading sectors of the economy.[17][18] Among the ten ASEAN countries, Thailand ranks second in quality of life[19] and the country's HDI had been rated as "high". Its large population and growing economic influence have made it a middle power in the region and around the world.[20]

Thailand is not the backwater you think it is, Staf.  Especially around Bangkok where opie slinks about.

Except it's not true that opie restricted his activity to Bangkok - a huge number of posts on the mongering board appear in the threads dedicated to the Isaan (i.e. The Thai North East) and the 'other areas' (i.e. dedicated to areas of Thailand not Bangkok, Isaan, Phuket...) and those places are not that developed by any means.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies