Impeachment Proceedings Against Secretary of the Treasury MasterJedi
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 06:41:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Impeachment Proceedings Against Secretary of the Treasury MasterJedi
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Impeachment Proceedings Against Secretary of the Treasury MasterJedi  (Read 975 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 24, 2004, 01:25:22 AM »
« edited: December 24, 2004, 04:47:03 PM by StevenNick »

By the powers vested in me by the constitution of the Atlas Forum, I hereby introduce impeachment proceedings against Secretary of the Treasury MasterJedi for negligent inactivity in his position in the cabinet.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 01:38:17 AM »

I support this 110%.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 06:59:37 AM »

Beyond the Freudian slip of suggesting that MasterJedi is on the Court, there are a couple of problems here:

Hilariously the Constitution may only allow for the impeachment of President, Vice President and Supreme Court Justices. I say "may" because as ever, the constitution contradicts itself in about three different places.

I base this opinion on Article I Section 3 Clause 1 which states:
"...Impeachment charges may be brought upon the President and Vice President, and Supreme Court Justices." There are however other sections of the Constitution that suggest that all "civil officers" may be impeached, though it never actually defines what a civil officer is.

I do however agree that the lack of activity on the part of a cabinet member should be an impeachable offence.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 12:13:59 PM »

Didn't he say he would be away for a while?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 12:15:39 PM »

Didn't he say he would be away for a while?

I believe he did actually.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 04:49:20 PM »

Beyond the Freudian slip of suggesting that MasterJedi is on the Court, there are a couple of problems here:

Hilariously the Constitution may only allow for the impeachment of President, Vice President and Supreme Court Justices. I say "may" because as ever, the constitution contradicts itself in about three different places.

I base this opinion on Article I Section 3 Clause 1 which states:
"...Impeachment charges may be brought upon the President and Vice President, and Supreme Court Justices." There are however other sections of the Constitution that suggest that all "civil officers" may be impeached, though it never actually defines what a civil officer is.

I do however agree that the lack of activity on the part of a cabinet member should be an impeachable offence.

I agree with you.  Everything in the constitution in regards to impeachment is a big, bloody mess.  In fact, I'm not even sure if the impeachment proceedings are supposed to originate with the Chief Justice or the Senate.  One of the reasons I did this was to draw attention to the constituitonal crisis.  More importantly, though, I feel it is important that the members of the court and cabinet are both active and qualified to face the coming constitutional crisis.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies