Polygamy the next big thing. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 07:32:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Polygamy the next big thing. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Polygamy the next big thing.  (Read 6638 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« on: May 23, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »

From your link...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Neither does Polygamy or Polygyny.

I have live and spent time in multiple countries where polygamy is widespread.  What I am posting in this thread is not theory, my friend.

No doubt. But it does not exist in most of the world either. More of the world, sure, but not most. But the existence of Polyandry is not zero (May need a sub for those two articles).

Here is an incomplete map of the polygamy world...

Anyone who puts that conservative estimate in the same sentence as polyandry is kidding themselves.  If we all lived in Tibet we would be having a different conversation.  Fortunately we don't.

Swaziland and South Africa should be Green, no? At least they both have polygamous leaders.

Anyways, I'm against Polygamy. I can get behind Triumvirate type marriages, but Polygamy is an inherently misogynistic institution. There's nothing "equal" about polygamy. In a triumvirate marriage, the relationship would at least in theory not be misogynistic. In that type of marriage, all three people would be married to each other.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies