Right-winger declares that Obama is really a Muslim (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:51:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Right-winger declares that Obama is really a Muslim (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Right-winger declares that Obama is really a Muslim  (Read 5463 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: December 19, 2006, 04:36:38 PM »

I just wondering, Are there any sort of special "foaming right-winger" earplugs available on the market? You know, earplugs that only work once one is in the presence of a Coulterbot, Randroid, Daily Mail Guzzler, "Concerned Bigo..., I mean, Parent" and other types?

I'm tired.

I wonder if they have "left-wing earplugs" on the same aisle?  I'm getting sick and tired of extreme partisan bickering on both sides, the right and the left.  Why is it so impossible to ever return to civility in politics?  Do we elect men and women or do we elect boys and girls?  Whether you're a Democrat, Republican, or a third party, if its possible, let's put aside our party differences and work together.  I'm just as guilty as the next person, but let's get back to what the founding fathers really intended for this country.  I just hope this new Democrat-led Congress doesn't try to belittle the Republicans and their ideology, or vice-versa.

I know what I'm asking is next to impossible, but it would be nice.

Calling someone a Muslim or a Christian or a Jew or a Mormon or any other religion, whether true or not, to belittle them or to cost them votes and keep them from their dreams is totally wrong.  I'm a very strong Christian, but I will be in the front of the line to defend any one of any religion from being banned from public office solely because of their religion.  As long as they don't try to stamp out the other religions and "wear their religion on their sleeve" as says MSNBC Political Analyst Ron Reagan, son of the late President Ronald W. Reagan, I'll be right there trying to defend them.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 08:15:11 PM »

I'm starting to head to the local bandwagon-stop for the next passing of the Barack Obama bandwagon.  He would be a fresh face and not one that can be linked to either Bill Clinton or George Bush.  Both Hillary Clinton and Al Gore are linked to Bill Clinton, and thats not always a good thing, with his adultery-plagued second term.

I may not agree with all of his positions, but he would be an excellent President, despite his lack of experience.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 11:52:50 AM »

Just because we won the 2006 elections does not mean 2008 will be just as easy.

What I am saying is this. The 2004 Red States, on average, gave Bush more solid support then the 2004 Blue States. Because some core blue states are expected to lose votes, its important that we make inroads to western states that are actually growing. sheesh.

James

I agree, James.  I've got a feeling that a more centrist Republican will win the White House in 2008, though it could go either way.  I'm basing that on the candidates that both parties are putting up and based on history from 20 years ago.  Now, I know that Ronald Reagan didn't take us into an ill-advised war in Iraq, but he did have the last decade of the Cold War.  The candidates that the Democrats are putting up, namely, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama aren't the best candidates in my opinion.  Hillary has too much baggage, and Barack has too little experience, especially when foreign policy experience is gravely needed at a time like this.  The other candidates are either not well known enough, or they are a political has-been (John Edwards).  The Republicans are not doing so great, either, though in their candidates.  John McCain is too old and not in good health, Rudy Guiliani and Mitt Romney are too liberal to win the Republican nomination.

I do hope the Democrats take the White House in 2008, but gut feeling tells me we will have to wait until 2012 to get the White House back.  Of course, I don't want the Democrats with complete control over all three areas of Government, President, Senate, House.  So, if the Democrats retain control of Congress in 2008, the Republicans had better win the White House in 2008.  If the Republicans take over either chamber of Congres, then the Democrats need to win the White House.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies