What did you want to do for a career as a child/teen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:31:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What did you want to do for a career as a child/teen? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What did you want to do for a career as a child/teen?  (Read 2311 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« on: January 29, 2018, 01:47:46 PM »

I was thinking about how until I was 18, my life dream was to become a reclusive shut-in and live in the woods and never talk to nobody.

Now I just want to manage a hedge fund... boring...
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 02:41:01 PM »

I was thinking about how until I was 18, my life dream was to become a reclusive shut-in and live in the woods and never talk to nobody.

Now I just want to manage a hedge fund... boring...

If you want to manage a hedge fund in 2040 you might as well start transitioning yourself into a computer. Poor hedge fund managers will be the first victims of automation and by the 2030s studying finance will be the equivalent of studying cultural antropology or so today (no offense). As an economics student who aspired to work in the financial sector I've become resigned to the fact that by 2040 I'll be either unemployed or an economics teacher in some place nobody has ever heard of in the Dutch Bible Belt or (pls no) Groningen (I hate children, especially when they're in puberty). Meanwhile my econometrics/financial engineering/theoretical physics friends will all be millionaires Cry.

As a kid I wanted to be a historian, as a teenager I wanted to be a politician and now I'm almost done with my bachelor's degree with the aim of going into international business.

Dude, that's literally me.  When I was 6 I wanted to become an archaeologist, when I was 12 I wanted to become a historian, when I was 16 I wanted to become a politician and now I'm torn between economic consulting or doing something more management/strategy-related. Or maybe even investment banking (still have 2 more years to decide Tongue).

thats not true

#robotsdonthavehumanjudgement
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 11:02:06 PM »

My life dream would be to be on "My 600-lb life" and lose weight then be on "Hoarders" but then go to rehab and then get out of rehab then be on "Extreme Couponers" and win "The Biggest Loser" then get addicted to meth and be on "Intervention" then go through rehab again then gain weight and go back on "My 600-lb life" and start the cycle all over again

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 02:03:04 PM »

dawgs I just realized if authomation actually "takes my job" I can actually just go be a hermit in the woods!!!! kick ass!!!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 12:48:03 AM »

I wanted to be an architect. Once I discovered I have no talent for the graphic arts, my ambitions faded away. I'm uncertain of what my life's path is now, but I hope it will lead me to happiness.

go on "Hoarders" or "My 600-lb life" or be a hermit in the woods.

thats what i would do if i didnt have a direction
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies