All Regions Matter!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:01:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  All Regions Matter!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All Regions Matter!  (Read 311 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 29, 2017, 07:33:20 PM »

There has been little buzz publicly, but a lot of buzz in my party about why I moved from the Southern Region to Lincoln. I need to explain something that has really been bothering me as of late. I really do like the Federalist Party, but there is a mindset that we should sacrifice certain regions to win in others. If there is one thing the Labor Party does right, it is that they run candidates in every election/race and in every region. The Labor Party has control in all 3 of the Regions in both the Legislatures and in the Head of Regions. I believe that for a political party to truly be a political party it must try in all races, in all regions, and in all federal races as well. This is an unsustainable trend and I am seeking to change it. That being said, I am continuing to run for re-election to be President of Atlasia and whether or not I win re-election I felt the need to make this speech and statement today.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 07:37:06 PM »

Sad! Fleeing the best region in the nation is a very sad decision. Just another example of the President's inability to make a good decision.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 07:40:24 PM »

Both sides do it.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 07:41:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Refresh my memory, but I don't recall president DFW having his veto overridden.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 07:48:53 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Refresh my memory, but I don't recall president DFW having his veto overridden.

Because having your veto overridden automatically means bad decision. Even so, having people disagree with you doesn't make it a bad decision. You may disagree with the decision, but that doesn't make it a bad decision. This was a joke, though.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 08:12:35 PM »

I really do like the Federalist Party, but there is a mindset that we should sacrifice certain regions to win in others.

This is completely false. We are a big-tent party that welcomes conservatives, libertarians, and moderates from all regions, and we have always supporting running candidates in all regions. But I also support realism of strategy--it's always been impossible for the right to win in every region. This is simply a fact. Atlasia is a strategic simulation game, it is necessary to make the most of what you have, so I don't support trying to beef up our weakest region when we're frankly struggling in our strongest. That's called "playing smart," which we need to do in an environment (i.e. the internet) where a majority of people are left-of-center. But it's entirely untrue that we "sacrifice certain regions," and I'd prefer if you didn't say untrue statements of that sort in public--not the best PR! Tongue
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 08:25:40 PM »

Unless you are running candidates to create a majority in every region and in every election, then you cannot say that.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 04:08:24 PM »

We're making a big deal out of nothing, people change regions all the time. The president should be registered in whatever region he wants to be.
Rjjr77
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 10:50:43 PM »

Lincoln is run by Governor Well's Politburo, welcome.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies