Hi new poster!-Questions about Republican supported voter laws and turnout? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 05:50:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hi new poster!-Questions about Republican supported voter laws and turnout? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hi new poster!-Questions about Republican supported voter laws and turnout?  (Read 1336 times)
MSG
MSG@LUC
Rookie
United States

« on: July 11, 2012, 11:44:04 AM »

I would be glad to go along with these laws if they didnt clearly target certain people and groups. For instance almost all of the states make exception for military ids that dont have expiration dates or have expired before the day of voting yet they do not extend the same thing to college id's which in many cases are government issued id's since they are state run institutions. Some states dont even except them. Which group supports the reps and which doesnt.

Secondly why cant we just have universal registration why does one need to go through all of these hoops to vote. The only logical reason to create barriers to voting is not to stop voting fraud but to disenfranchise. If you cant win the vote suppress the vote, weird how this push came after 08 not 04 or 00 when the election were actually contentious (not claiming voter fraud just saying.)  Words mean nothing to me action shows your true motives. You combine voter id with universal registration and ill be right their helping you pass it. Until then your motives are under suspect in my view.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies