google+ (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:47:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  google+ (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: are you on it?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: google+  (Read 870 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: April 18, 2014, 08:28:17 PM »

Yes, and I probably use it more than Facebook. But for a very specific reason: Ingress. Since all Ingress events and announcements are made through it and hence all in game organization is as well. It's a must for any Ingress player.

But honestly it is better designed and easier to use than Facebook, I wish people would use it more for non-Ingress purposes.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 08:54:35 PM »

I don't know anyone who uses it. It was a major flop.

Not entirely true. As noted it's heavily used amongst Ingress players. So more like it's only used by a very specific niche group, but that's different than no one.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 10:30:08 AM »

There actually is a demographic whom use G+ a lot besides Ingress players but isn't very represented on Atlas. Essentially the hardcore techhead crowd. Think of people who write posts on their Linux computers about how Apple is the devil and about the annoying hipsters who use iPods and consider Microsoft products so beneath they won't even comment on them, and spend much of their free time rooting and designing new modifications to their Android phones. Or some 25 year old who makes $80k a year at some high level IT job, lives in a downtown condo, is not married, has no kids, has no desire to do either, and still spends most of his free time getting drunk and/or high when he's not playing World of Warcraft just like he did in college. Granted there's a very heavy overlap with those types and Ingress players, but that's basically the user base of it. Very specific and narrow but certainly not nonexistant. It's quite telling by how often anti-Apple/anti-iPhone stuff trends on G+ and goes hot.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 07:49:57 PM »

Social networking website Google set up ten years ago before Google+, is now truly almost completely unused in the US but survives because it's popular in Brazil.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies