Legal resident shot by ICE agents in his Chicago home (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:50:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Legal resident shot by ICE agents in his Chicago home (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legal resident shot by ICE agents in his Chicago home  (Read 1610 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 29, 2017, 12:37:56 PM »

I don't know why ICE was there.  But a few facts to go with your hysteria:

1) Felix Torres was never in critical condition, he was shot in the arm after he pointed a gun at the officer.  He is in stable condition at Stroger Hospital.

2) Felix Torres doesn't "own" a gun (I don't know if a non-citizen can legally own a gun or not) but his adult sons do.  He pointed a gun at the officer during an attempted arrest and was shot.  His son was wanted on felony weapons charges.

I'm not saying everything was above board, we hardly know anything yet.  And I have no idea why ICE was involved.  But again, not in critical condition, not unarmed. 

Bottom line, no matter who is right or wrong, if you point a weapon at a police officer you are going to get shot.  That's just the way it is.  Let them make the arrest and sue them later.  You can't point a gun at a cop and expect not to get shot.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/man-shot-by-ice-agent-in-belmont-cragin/1820175/

From the link above:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

ICE says he was armed. His family says he was not. (Typical Law Enforcement MO is to always claim anyone who is shot by LE was armed.) So far as I know, there is no evidence either way.

And if you read elsewhere, she was asleep in the basement when it happened.  But there were guns in the house.  I wasn't there, you weren't there, and she wasn't either.  Her reasoning is  father doesn't "own (got)" a gun; therefore he couldn't have pointed one at the officers.

There will be a full investigation, as with any time a weapon is discharged in the line of duty.

Indeed. Which is why you should not  have presented opinions (yours and ICE's) as "a few facts".

And you should not have claimed "he was unarmed" or "he is in critical condition."   The only person who said he was unarmed is a justifiably hysterical daughter who didn't witness the shooting.   

People have a bad habit of presenting opinions that support their position as facts. Reminds me of when Michael Brown was shot and so many people immediately accepted the interpretation most uncharitable to the police.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies