Paradox Interactive Games Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 01:43:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Paradox Interactive Games Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Paradox Interactive Games Thread  (Read 38457 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« on: April 05, 2019, 04:23:29 PM »

I decided to check out EU4, and after some months of playing I can with confidence say that this game sucks. I started out as Muscovy, wanted to completely annex Novgorod in one sweep, however, warscore prohibits you from doing sh**t, so you have to wait like 40 years to take over an arctic wasteland because of truces. converting foreign religions is next to impossible, and it takes a butload of money too. Playing as a Western-Central European nation is also annoying, especially when you take a province from the HRE (inb4 100k stacks of coalitons against you). The navy aspect of the game is boring (What's the point of barques anyways?), trade is confusing, you always get bad heirs, you can't get claims on overseas territory, it takes over a hundred years to embrace a new institution, culture conversion is a useless feature, sieges take too long and it completely decimates your manpower, and before you say I should use use mercenaries, they're expensive and they use up much of my economy, colonies are useless and take up to much money, AI allies are braindead when it comes to helping you in a war, and the most ANNOYING problem I have with this game is that when the enemy AI goes to war with you they carpet siege you with a dozen of 2k-1k stacks and proceed to penetrate your provinces, which in turn slaughters your warscore, and you get a ton of war exhaustion, this forces me to chase their units around my lands, which keep in mind is hard since the AI will just proceed to run away from your army and just not be confronted. Also, the Ottomans are OP.

And don't get me started on their DLC pitch, the developers are money hungry. Tell me, why are people buying these games?
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 05:47:51 AM »

Any toughts on Imperator: Rome?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies