Could Randy Bryce unseat Paul Ryan in November? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 04:58:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Could Randy Bryce unseat Paul Ryan in November? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could Randy Bryce unseat Paul Ryan in November?  (Read 7685 times)
Joey1996

« on: January 05, 2018, 12:50:38 PM »

Randy Bryce is an ironworker, veteran, cancer survivor and progressive candidate for Wisconsin's 1st congressional district. He has raised over $500k in donations and gained endorsements from Bernie Sander's, progressive media and even some establishment Dems. Now, of course Ryan is the favorite, being the 3rd most powerful man in government and would be only the 2nd modern Speaker to be unseated in a re-election bid after Tom Foley... I personally think Bryce can do it, even with Wisconsin becoming a light red state, remember Ryan is for TPP and Bryce embodies the white working class.
Joey1996

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 03:01:27 PM »

No. However the environment and the districts geography means that the seat could be competitive. If dems get a better recruit, then perhaps it could be competitive. Bryce is a poor recruit largely due to his personal past - if the race becomes competitive Bryce would be shoved aside by Ryan due to his past. There are potentially better candidates here that still seem to symbolize the WWC.  

I'm unfamiliar with his past, what is it that makes him a poor candidate?
Joey1996

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 04:17:14 PM »

I honestly wasn't aware of him being a deadbeat dad, and I don't  agree with setting morals aside because someone fits an ideology I agree with. I can no longer support Bryce.
Joey1996

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 08:17:42 PM »

As a resident of the suburbs, it's funny when Democrats say "we need to appeal to the less-racist suburban voters"

Which group had massive swings against the racist pedophile? White educated suburbanites or the "white working class?"

Which group had massive swings against Ed Gillespie's race baiting campaign? White educated suburbanites or the "white working class?"

It's pretty clear why Bernie bros are so hostile to college educated suburbanites. They are not exactly a Sanders-friendly group and if they become part of the Democratic base then far-lefties like him become more or less as irrelevant as the Blue Dogs and the DLCers.
Of course to appeal to WWC the Democratic party must throw under the bus blacks, Hispanics, gays and women, but I have a hunch that this is a sacrifice Bernie cultists are very much willing to make.

this sort of nonsense rhetoric is incredibly offensive to black progressives like myself, and your attempt at erasing the majority of POC under 40 who voted for Sanders is sickening. 
Joey1996

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 01:13:37 AM »
« Edited: January 08, 2018, 01:15:23 AM by Joey1996 »

As a resident of the suburbs, it's funny when Democrats say "we need to appeal to the less-racist suburban voters"

Which group had massive swings against the racist pedophile? White educated suburbanites or the "white working class?"

Which group had massive swings against Ed Gillespie's race baiting campaign? White educated suburbanites or the "white working class?"

It's pretty clear why Bernie bros are so hostile to college educated suburbanites. They are not exactly a Sanders-friendly group and if they become part of the Democratic base then far-lefties like him become more or less as irrelevant as the Blue Dogs and the DLCers.
Of course to appeal to WWC the Democratic party must throw under the bus blacks, Hispanics, gays and women, but I have a hunch that this is a sacrifice Bernie cultists are very much willing to make.

Oh no, don't worry. The Blue Dogs and DLCers will be happy to throw minorities under the bus whenever it's convenient.

At least those "Berniebros" support policies that actually benefit POC instead of deadend centrists who say they want a "national conversation on race" and then do nothing for POC politically.

This.
Joey1996

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 10:47:07 AM »

Oh no, don't worry. The Blue Dogs and DLCers will be happy to throw minorities under the bus whenever it's convenient.

At least those "Berniebros" support policies that actually benefit POC instead of deadend centrists who say they want a "national conversation on race" and then do nothing for POC politically.

1)Blue Dogs and DLCers are no more.

2)If Saint Bernie really cares then he and his cultists should stop insulting them, trying to disenfranchise them, and criticizing the party he ostensibly supports for practicing "identity politics" (which is an evergreen Republican talking point).

Again the POC youth overwhelmingly supported Sanders during the primary. Stop pigeonholding POC and erasing the existence of progressives among us.

Bernie isn't infallible, I've criticized him plenty of times and especially on the "identify politics" nonsense, however his policies would help us more than the empty platitudes of the DLCers. The same people who I personally witnessed using "mad black woman" tropes against Nina Turner.
Joey1996

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 06:56:46 PM »

1)Blue Dogs and DLCers are no more.

2)If Saint Bernie really cares then he and his cultists should stop insulting them, trying to disenfranchise them, and criticizing the party he ostensibly supports for practicing "identity politics" (which is an evergreen Republican talking point).

Again the POC youth overwhelmingly supported Sanders during the primary. Stop pigeonholding POC and erasing the existence of progressives among us.

Bernie isn't infallible, I've criticized him plenty of times and especially on the "identify politics" nonsense, however his policies would help us more than the empty platitudes of the DLCers. The same people who I personally witnessed using "mad black woman" tropes against Nina Turner.

Nina Turner isn’t hated b/c she’s a black woman, it’s b/c she’s two-bit con artist who can’t be trusted to be a team player and is about as principled as Donald Trump.  Also the DLC hasn’t been a thing since, what?  2004?  On a different note, the idea that it’s somehow a bad thing if white suburban voters are willing to support Democrats (see Virginia) b/c it doesn’t neatly fit the class warfare narrative the Sanders personality cult is trying to create is beyond idiotic.

I said they played off "mad black woman" tropes, I've seen her attacked because of her "attitude and temperament", similar attacks were made against Erica Garner. Seems centrist Dems only care about black women when they're taking their vote for granted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies