Five People Most Likely to be the 45th President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:29:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Five People Most Likely to be the 45th President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Five People Most Likely to be the 45th President  (Read 24067 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: January 14, 2010, 07:32:44 PM »

Is Gillibrand really that impressive, or are people just mentioning her because she's a female Dem. from New York state?  I have to admit, of the little I've seen of her, I haven't been terribly wowed.  Amy Klobuchar seems more articulate, from what I've seen of her.  I agree that there's a good chance that the Dems would want to go with a woman in 2016, but if Clinton doesn't run, would Gillibrand really be the best they could come up with?

Klobuchar seems to have some heft on policy matters.  Not unlike Barbara Mikulski, except she doesn't remind you of grandma. Personally, I'd love to see Klobuchar advance.

Hillary Clinton remains the leading light among Democratic women...not necessarily because she's "all that", but she's the most prominent.

Like you, I am pretty uninformed about Gillibrand. I'm not doing as good a job as I should when it comes to tracking governors, either.  In either party.  So far, I've admired Republican Jodi Rell of all the GOP women. But moderates don't win Republican primaries without the requisite "come to Jesus" moment on gays and abortion.  Rell strikes me as very unlikely to undergo such a transformation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies