(Democrats) obstructionism and hypocrisy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:06:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  (Democrats) obstructionism and hypocrisy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: (Democrats) obstructionism and hypocrisy  (Read 2661 times)
Klartext89

« on: January 31, 2017, 06:57:33 AM »

1. As you know, Trump still (11 days after Inauguration!) has only two cabinet members confirmed because of delay tactics by Senate Democrats. Obama got nearly his full cabinet in the first week (7 on day one!). Remember when Democrats blasted Republicans for obstructionism?

2. Some Senate Democrats also don't even know who the President picks for SCOTUS and are already calling for a Filibuster. Remember when Democrats called Republicans out for playing with the Filibuster - and not even making problems with out of the mainstream Justices Sotomayor and Kagan?

3. Obama used the Executive Order ("only need a pen and a phone") like no one before. Democrats celebrated it and are now outraged about Trump using it as well.

Honestly, as a non-US-citizen, do you think this hypocrisy, obstructionism and "payback" is good for the country and for US Politics?
I think everyone remembers the outrage
Klartext89

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 08:14:37 AM »

Obstruction of tyranny is a noble cause.

Yeah I know. Everyone disagreeing with you guys is a "tyrann" etc. Grow up.
Klartext89

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 08:15:14 AM »

3. Obama used the Executive Order ("only need a pen and a phone") like no one before.

Trying to decide whether you really don't know that Obama used fewer Executive Orders than any recent president, or if you do know that and you're just trolling around.

If it's the former, it's ok - lots of longtime posters here have apparently forgotten that fact over the last month. Sad

He used less non-important executive orders and used way more de facto bills/laws ex orders.
Klartext89

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 01:21:51 PM »

2. Some Senate Democrats also don't even know who the President picks for SCOTUS and are already calling for a Filibuster. Remember when Democrats called Republicans out for playing with the Filibuster - and not even making problems with out of the mainstream Justices Sotomayor and Kagan?

Of course you deliberately fail to mention Merrick Garland. By denying President Obama his right to pick a (very moderate) nominee for SCOTUS a full year before the end of his term, every GOP Senator involved (and all supporters with a blue avatar) has forever forfeited the right to call out Democrats for obstructionism!

Merrick Garland was way more qualified than Sotomajor or Kagan. Why didn't Obama nominate him instead of these political hecks?

It's also the right of the Senate to deny a nomination. Ask the Dems, they did it multiple times before with Reagan, Nixon etc.

I don't justify the Senate GOP (I would have voted Garland down instead of not consider him), but it's hillarious that the Dems who started SCOTUS fights long ago and never got a liberal nomination crushed before are crying. But I guess it's ok if the Dems do it ;-)
Klartext89

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 01:31:40 PM »

Yes, the hypocrisy is from American NazisRepublicans suddenly upset that the tactics they used for years are now turned against their orange cult-leader. It's hilarious.  

Who would have thought a month ago that we'd be seeing so much impotent rage and tears from Pussygrabber's cult?

P.S. I hear whining and throwing tantrums on twitter is how Real Men (tm) govern.

Roflamo.

Grew up.
Klartext89

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 01:32:51 PM »

after watching this election result after 6 years of gridlock, my sense of fairness died

let mcconnell do away with the filibuster and be done with it.

I agree. The GOP never used the Filibuster for SCOTUS, so why keeping it when being in the majority (and if they play it right, they will get a Senate majority for years to come).
Klartext89

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 03:13:50 AM »

Since Klartext89 is German I am going to post a quote from Berholt Brecht in German orginal:

Wenn Unrecht zu Recht wird, wird Widerstand zur Pflicht!

Let me answer with a German saying:

Was du nicht willst das man dir tut, das füg auch keinem anderen zu ;-)
Klartext89

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 03:18:31 AM »

What hypocrisy?

Comparing what the GOP did to Merrick Garland to anything Democrats ever did to Reagan or Bush's Supreme Court nominees is just downright dishonest. Democrats never filibustered a Supreme Court nominee. Democrats never refused to hold a hearing on a Supreme Court nominee. Democrats never lied to the American public on the national stage about an imaginary "tradition" of not appointing justices in an election year. What the GOP did was unprecedented in our nation's history, and it is inexcusable. The GOP didn't just obstruct; they flat out refused to do their Constitutional duty. 

LOL of course... It's always ok if you do it, but if it is done against you, then it's unfair. Grow up. What Dems did to Nixon and Reagan (and even Bush) was way more unfair then the Garland thing. The GOP did humiliate Garland, yes. But they never smeared him, not even close to the scale of the assasination of Bork.

It was Joe Biden who set the "Biden rule", it was Obama who justified the Biden rule. Maybe Dems should start thinking about the consequences before setting rules ;-)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies