Republicans are winning the war on women...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:11:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans are winning the war on women...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Republicans are winning the war on women...  (Read 6002 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 11:23:51 PM »

You people believe this stuff? The "war on women" is propaganda designed to rouse the rabble.

Republicans have mothers, wives, and daughters they care about. They're people too, believe it or not.

Women can also say that to vote Republican is to show disrespect for most women.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 07:54:34 AM »

This is pretty extreme but at the end of the day, most of this will be struck down because these laws are extreme enough to challenge Roe v. Wade.

Quite a bit of the country, maybe a majority of states, have laws that would be unconstitutional under Roe v. Wade, but not under Casey v. Planned Parenthood or Gonzales v. Carhart.

I'm reasonably certain laws that look like a series of regulations but have the effect of closing down 80-90% of the facilities in your state fall under Roe v. Wade rather than the other two. That's what the Supreme Court will decide. If they decide these laws are ok, then Roe v. Wade will be effectively overturned by laws requiring impossible requirements for abortion clinics.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 08:21:46 AM »

war on women = strawman
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 08:48:48 AM »

Documented:

http://www.pfaw.org/media-center/publications/gop-takes-its-war-women-states
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 09:17:42 AM »

A progressive think tank is documenting the Democratic Party line?!?!?!

In other news I'd like to point out the Stormfront has documented the War on Whites, the NRA has documented the War on Guns, FOX has documented the War on Christmas etc.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2013, 12:58:23 PM »

In other news I'd like to point out the Stormfront has documented the War on Whites, the NRA has documented the War on Guns, FOX has documented the War on Christmas etc.

They've documented the many laws that have been passed as part of the WoW across the nation. Do you dispute the accuracy or just making an ad hominem attack?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2013, 10:08:47 PM »

They've documented the many laws that have been passed as part of the WoW across the nation. Do you dispute the accuracy or just making an ad hominem attack?

The use of the word war is used to strike up fire within the base.
Sconnie

Political Matrix
E: 2.81, S: -0.71

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2013, 10:37:25 AM »

Are you all aware that there is no gender gap on the issue of abortion? In other words, did you know that men are no more anti-abortion than women are? In fact, women may actually be more anti-abortion than men are, with 45% of men saying abortion is morally wrong compared to 49% of women in a Pew Research poll.

Also, even in this past election when the gender gap was rather high, 44% of women voted for Romney. This statistic alone makes it difficult to argue that the GOP hates women.

Married women actually tend to vote Republican. It's single women that Republicans need to make inroads with.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2013, 10:57:53 AM »

Married women actually tend to vote Republican. It's single women that Republicans need to make inroads with.

Offensives like the mass strafing of Sondra Fluke are not going to help them make inroads.
Sconnie

Political Matrix
E: 2.81, S: -0.71

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2013, 11:13:00 AM »

Offensives like the mass strafing of Sondra Fluke are not going to help them make inroads.
Well, when you have idiots like Akin and Mourdock saying stupid things, that's a problem.

But Fluke? I don't sympathize with her for wanting taxpayers to pay for her contraception, the opposition to which constitutes a war on women in her viewpoint. Sure, Rush Limbaugh shouldn't have called her a slut, but she deserves sharp criticism.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2013, 11:39:19 AM »

But Fluke? I don't sympathize with her for wanting taxpayers to pay for her contraception, the opposition to which constitutes a war on women in her viewpoint. Sure, Rush Limbaugh shouldn't have called her a slut, but she deserves sharp criticism.

Look up what she actually testified about. No offense, but your understanding of what she said, which is shared by many, indicates the magnitude of the problem.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2013, 11:47:19 AM »

But I don't think it's going to cause married women to flee the pubs. Mrs. Grumps is both a very hard core rightie and and supports the feminists in many areas, but the Fluke thing didn't phase her a bit.  I suspect she's not alone.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2013, 12:55:08 PM »

Are you all aware that there is no gender gap on the issue of abortion? In other words, did you know that men are no more anti-abortion than women are? In fact, women may actually be more anti-abortion than men are, with 45% of men saying abortion is morally wrong compared to 49% of women in a Pew Research poll.

Also, even in this past election when the gender gap was rather high, 44% of women voted for Romney. This statistic alone makes it difficult to argue that the GOP hates women.

A 55%-44% loss with female voters is not a statistic I would be bragging about.

As for the GOP attitude toward women ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCOYvh0FFYI

LOL, good luck making inroads with single women.  And it is worth pointing out that single women are a growing demographic, a fact sometimes overlooked in discussions about demographic changes.

barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2013, 07:05:14 PM »

LOL, good luck making inroads with single women.  And it is worth pointing out that single women are a growing demographic, a fact sometimes overlooked in discussions about demographic changes.

What you just said in so many words was "44% of women voted for Romney therefore, the GOP hates women." Then you back it up with a selective youtube video. You're saying then that the 55% of women who voted for Obama didn't because of the issues and how Obama's policies favor women, but because they think the GOP hates women? You don't seem to give women enough credit. They are just as capable as men at looking at the issues and deciding which policies are better for the country, themselves, and their families. I hope you're married if not good luck making inroads with single women because the thought of women casting votes because they actually think one party hates them is pretty shallow.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2013, 10:47:24 PM »

LOL, good luck making inroads with single women.  And it is worth pointing out that single women are a growing demographic, a fact sometimes overlooked in discussions about demographic changes.

What you just said in so many words was "44% of women voted for Romney therefore, the GOP hates women." Then you back it up with a selective youtube video. You're saying then that the 55% of women who voted for Obama didn't because of the issues and how Obama's policies favor women, but because they think the GOP hates women? You don't seem to give women enough credit. They are just as capable as men at looking at the issues and deciding which policies are better for the country, themselves, and their families. I hope you're married if not good luck making inroads with single women because the thought of women casting votes because they actually think one party hates them is pretty shallow.

Well, that is the best piece of comedy gold response to one of my posts I have seen in awhile.  Did you find the sexist and misogynistic statements made by Republican elected officials in that video upsetting?  I personally found it quite offensive.  
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2013, 12:35:48 AM »

LOL, good luck making inroads with single women.  And it is worth pointing out that single women are a growing demographic, a fact sometimes overlooked in discussions about demographic changes.

Well, that is the best piece of comedy gold response to one of my posts I have seen in awhile.  Did you find the sexist and misogynistic statements made by Republican elected officials in that video upsetting?  I personally found it quite offensive.  

There's things that have been said on both sides of the aisle. Anyone can pick and choose what they look at and use for political propaganda. Politicians can always quote Richard Blumenthal. "I will not allow a few misplaced words" and then be ok with their base. I think you know both parties are guilty of saying outlandish things. You show the mindset of one party is great and the other evil. The truth is somewhere in the middle.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2013, 12:39:21 AM »

And your statement still comes down to 55% of women voted for Obama because they think Republicans hate women which is a very low opinion of women. I hope you're married because if not good luck making inroads with single women. People vote based on their perception of how things are going in the country and which candidate they think is best not because they're dumb enough to fall for the "war on women."
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2013, 11:13:58 PM »

And your statement still comes down to 55% of women voted for Obama because they think Republicans hate women which is a very low opinion of women. I hope you're married because if not good luck making inroads with single women. People vote based on their perception of how things are going in the country and which candidate they think is best not because they're dumb enough to fall for the "war on women."

You did not answer the question about the video.  So can we take your non-response to mean that you are comfortable with what the Republican officials were saying?  When Erick Erickson says, "When you look at biology, look at the natural world, the roles of male and female in society, the male is typically the dominant role" -- you are fine with that?  When Sen. Chambliss is talking about rapes in the military and says "the hormone level created by nature sets in place the possibility for these types of things to occur" -- you're fine with that?

barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2013, 01:53:00 AM »

You did not answer the question about the video.  So can we take your non-response to mean that you are comfortable with what the Republican officials were saying?  When Erick Erickson says, "When you look at biology, look at the natural world, the roles of male and female in society, the male is typically the dominant role" -- you are fine with that?  When Sen. Chambliss is talking about rapes in the military and says "the hormone level created by nature sets in place the possibility for these types of things to occur" -- you're fine with that?

Look I know liberals try to change history but historically, males have had the role of going to get what's needed for the family whether it be hunting and gathering or going to work every morning. Females have stayed to nurture the couple's or family's environment. This doesn't mean one gender is greater than the other. Not only is this particular to humans but most other species as well. Yes I am fine with our recorded history and what is natural to our genders. Rape is horrible and his comments are partisanship at its worst. Partisanship is what causes Democrats to paint a picture of Republicans hating women. It's what causes people like Patty Murray to raise the question of why Bin Laden is "popular" in poor countries. Do you really think women are naïve enough to buy into the strawman of the "war on women?"
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2013, 02:43:28 PM »

Look I know liberals try to change history but historically, males have had the role of going to get what's needed for the family whether it be hunting and gathering or going to work every morning. Females have stayed to nurture the couple's or family's environment. This doesn't mean one gender is greater than the other. Not only is this particular to humans but most other species as well. Yes I am fine with our recorded history and what is natural to our genders. Rape is horrible and his comments are partisanship at its worst. Partisanship is what causes Democrats to paint a picture of Republicans hating women. It's what causes people like Patty Murray to raise the question of why Bin Laden is "popular" in poor countries. Do you really think women are naïve enough to buy into the strawman of the "war on women?"

I think the numbers speak for themselves.
Link
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2013, 11:12:00 PM »

Look I know liberals try to change history but historically, males have had the role of going to get what's needed for the family whether it be hunting and gathering or going to work every morning. Females have stayed to nurture the couple's or family's environment.

I can tell a couple of things from this statement.  Obviously the author hasn't been to college or graduate school where female enrollment is higher than male.  This guy is living in the past where Republicans are "the party of Lincoln" and Dixiecrats are a major block in the Democratic party.  No one is trying to change history.  We are just living in the present.  I wish Republicans would join us.  That really was one of the most meat head things I've heard in a long time.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »

You people believe this stuff? The "war on women" is propaganda designed to rouse the rabble.

Republicans have mothers, wives, and daughters they care about. They're people too, believe it or not.

There is a reason why so few female politicians are Republican.  In state legislatures in 2013, for instance, Democratic women outnumber GOP women 1037D-632R.

In Congress, Democratic women outnumber their Republican counterparts 16D-4R in the U.S. Senate and 59D-19R in the House.

And the GOP, the party which has few women in it, is the one which is tone-deaf or hostile to women's rights on everything from reproductive health care to violence against women to equal pay to family leave.

Perhaps you see no connection between these policies and the lack of women in your ranks.  I think otherwise.
632 is just a few?

Yes.  How would you explain the fact that Democratic women greatly outnumber their Republican counterparts?  In the U.S. Senate, which represents high-level political office, only 20% of the female senators are Republican.  Republican women senators make up 9% of the GOP Senate caucus.  In the House, Republican women make up 8% of their caucus.

Democratic women are 29% of their caucus in the House and Senate.

It's interesting that you omitted governor's mansions.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2013, 11:49:55 PM »

There is a reason why so few female politicians are Republican.  In state legislatures in 2013, for instance, Democratic women outnumber GOP women 1037D-632R.

In Congress, Democratic women outnumber their Republican counterparts 16D-4R in the U.S. Senate and 59D-19R in the House.

And the GOP, the party which has few women in it, is the one which is tone-deaf or hostile to women's rights on everything from reproductive health care to violence against women to equal pay to family leave.

Perhaps you see no connection between these policies and the lack of women in your ranks.  I think otherwise.
632 is just a few?

Yes.  How would you explain the fact that Democratic women greatly outnumber their Republican counterparts?  In the U.S. Senate, which represents high-level political office, only 20% of the female senators are Republican.  Republican women senators make up 9% of the GOP Senate caucus.  In the House, Republican women make up 8% of their caucus.

I've never seen someone so proud of 13% in my life.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2013, 11:51:20 PM »

632 is just a few?

It's interesting that you omit the companion number to that figure.

Oh, wait, it's not.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2013, 08:59:45 AM »

632 is just a few?

It's interesting that you omit the companion number to that figure.

Oh, wait, it's not.
krazen has half a point for once. The relevant number would be 80%: 4 of the 5 female Governors are Republican (although this includes virulently anti-women ones like Mary Fallin)

It's also a much smaller set than Senators etc, though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies