Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:04:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 47
Author Topic: Democratic Grand Finale Tuesday results thread (1st polls close @8pm ET)  (Read 68913 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: June 08, 2016, 12:00:23 AM »

Live feed of Sanders's speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWIbCtz_Xwk
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #701 on: June 08, 2016, 12:00:28 AM »

Montana, Bernie lead holding.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #702 on: June 08, 2016, 12:02:20 AM »

CA has been stuck at 33% reporting for a while now. Is this really all we're getting tonight? That's annoying.

Now idea, but times like this makes really hate vote by mail elections, regardless of how much it makes it easier for voters to actually vote. Not a big fan of states not counting votes for days and weeks....
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #703 on: June 08, 2016, 12:04:42 AM »

Wow.
Unless the numbers change quite dramatically, Hillary is going to have a (way) better-than-expected win in California.
She is leading with a diff of approx. +25% and 17% counted.
That is a big lead !
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #704 on: June 08, 2016, 12:05:23 AM »
« Edited: June 08, 2016, 12:07:14 AM by Seriously? »

CA has been stuck at 33% reporting for a while now. Is this really all we're getting tonight? That's annoying.
It's California. They are always terrible at reporting election day votes there. It'll be 4 am (East Coast time) and they'll still not be close to completely done (especially in San Fran, Oakland (Alameda) and LA Counties).

Biggest thing is no exit poll. If there was one, this would have been called for Hillary! a long time ago.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #705 on: June 08, 2016, 12:06:51 AM »

The way in which California counts their votes is a disgrace to the country.  It's unacceptable that a significant number of votes will still be trickling in for days to come.  Why can they not count the votes on the night of the election?  It has never obviously had a big effect on the Presidential races because California is never close, but still, it's ridiculous.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #706 on: June 08, 2016, 12:08:50 AM »

Meh. CA is over.

MT is still undecided. Bernie is starting to pull away, but only has a nominal lead.
sportydude

« Reply #707 on: June 08, 2016, 12:10:18 AM »

Clinton seven-digit number now.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #708 on: June 08, 2016, 12:13:40 AM »

I honestly don't think Bernie can close a 400,000 vote lead. They should probably call it.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #709 on: June 08, 2016, 12:13:58 AM »

The way in which California counts their votes is a disgrace to the country.  It's unacceptable that a significant number of votes will still be trickling in for days to come.  Why can they not count the votes on the night of the election?  It has never obviously had a big effect on the Presidential races because California is never close, but still, it's ridiculous.

Totally agreed... I live on the West Coast, and I very much doubt we will get 50% in before I go to bed, and they will start counting again tomorrow and margins will narrow significantly. Then I will go to bed tomorrow night, and we will have 55-58% of the results in, even though election officials have no idea of how many votes are yet to be counted, etc....

Election night in Oregon was up 6% and then it took almost was week before it was a 10% margin and then now a 15% margin.

Vote by Mail totally sucks when it comes to actually counting election votes, especially when you have states that allow mail-in-ballots to be counted days after the election so long as they are received and postmarked by the deadline.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #710 on: June 08, 2016, 12:16:59 AM »

I think we can pretty safely call CA for Clinton, and MT for Sanders. I want to relish my last win as a Sanders supporter, but once MT is called for him, I'll be changing my banner.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #711 on: June 08, 2016, 12:17:08 AM »

Totally agreed... I live on the West Coast, and I very much doubt we will get 50% in before I go to bed, and they will start counting again tomorrow and margins will narrow significantly. Then I will go to bed tomorrow night, and we will have 55-58% of the results in, even though election officials have no idea of how many votes are yet to be counted, etc....

Election night in Oregon was up 6% and then it took almost was week before it was a 10% margin and then now a 15% margin.

Vote by Mail totally sucks when it comes to actually counting election votes, especially when you have states that allow mail-in-ballots to be counted days after the election so long as they are received and postmarked by the deadline.

I'm totally against vote-by-mail to begin with, but if they're going to have it, at least have the cutoff date be like 5 days before the election or something.  If you don't have it in the mail 5 days before the election you have to vote in person.  It's ridiculous that so many people likely just mailed their ballots yesterday.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #712 on: June 08, 2016, 12:17:17 AM »

South Dakota has finished counting. Final margin is Clinton 51.03-48.97
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #713 on: June 08, 2016, 12:17:29 AM »

Bernie less than .74 of a percent away from a real lead now in MT. MT still TCTC
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #714 on: June 08, 2016, 12:18:16 AM »

24% in for CA, Clinton up 61.6-37.3. Sanders up 49.5-46.0 with 46% in for MT.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #715 on: June 08, 2016, 12:19:46 AM »

I wonder why they're not calling CA. The margin will obviously narrow significantly, but it would take an act of god for him to overtake her.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #716 on: June 08, 2016, 12:20:15 AM »

I'm totally against vote-by-mail to begin with, but if they're going to have it, at least have the cutoff date be like 5 days before the election or something.  If you don't have it in the mail 5 days before the election you have to vote in person.  It's ridiculous that so many people likely just mailed their ballots yesterday.

People in California can still mail in ballots today as long as it is postmarked by midnight.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #717 on: June 08, 2016, 12:20:58 AM »

People in California can still mail in ballots today as long as it is postmarked by midnight.

Whaaa?

Source?  Is California the only state that has that?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #718 on: June 08, 2016, 12:21:27 AM »

I think we can pretty safely call CA for Clinton, and MT for Sanders. I want to relish my last win as a Sanders supporter, but once MT is called for him, I'll be changing my banner.

I hope you are not changing it to Little-Hands-Drumpf-Fuhrer.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #719 on: June 08, 2016, 12:21:46 AM »

No exit poll. Yeah, the margin has been pretty steady throughout the count, but the networks aren't comfortable with assuming much when they have no metric to measure the remaining 75% of the vote by.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #720 on: June 08, 2016, 12:23:07 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

They need to study statistics. Bah. At least my model cranked out another win on SD today Smiley
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #721 on: June 08, 2016, 12:24:02 AM »

Whaaa?

Source?  Is California the only state that has that?

It's what they said on MSNBC. There is a reason that multiple counties flipped for Obama weeks after election day in 2012.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #722 on: June 08, 2016, 12:24:17 AM »

I want to MAKE AMERICA GREAT!

Which would never happen with President Little Donny. Relax, I've said for months that I'll support Clinton if she wins.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #723 on: June 08, 2016, 12:25:17 AM »

Well in Oregon, we can always drop our ballots in one of the boxes located conveniently around and so long as it is before poll closing time on election day (8 PM PST) or the ballot is received by election day through the US Mail, the votes will be counted.

Personally, I think that California and Washington State make the system a bit too convoluted and actually depress overall voter turnout, even though Oregon has a closed primary voters tend to switch party registration 30 days before the election if they are Indies and want to vote Dem or Rep for the primaries....

Still VbM totally blows chunks when it comes to actual vote counting, and especially when there are competitive statewide or local elections....
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #724 on: June 08, 2016, 12:25:25 AM »

I want to MAKE AMERICA GREAT!

Which would never happen with President Little Donny. Relax, I've said for months that I'll support Clinton if she wins.

8-)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 47  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies