Chat with The Mikado about cool history topics that interest you (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:20:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Chat with The Mikado about cool history topics that interest you (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chat with The Mikado about cool history topics that interest you  (Read 15083 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: July 17, 2014, 07:32:18 AM »

Since it's the millenium year, what in you eyes would have been neccessary to hinder the break out of WW1, or at least postpone it for quite a while? Just talk of things that could have been done let's say from 1914 on. 
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 01:59:41 PM »

If you still do this, I have question for you which is quite a difficult to formulate.
In the time prior to World War II, Czechoslovakia was quite the only county in "Central" Europe (Central is a vague term, I know; but let's just say everything west of the Sovjet Union, north of Romania and Yugoslavia, and west of and including Germany, Austria and Italy) to keep democracy in our, modern, standards, and was quite social-democratic as well. Now, many industrial areas then were located in Northern Bohemia, the Eger Valley and at the border to Germany, in an area that post WWI was claimed by Austria. My question now, had Austria received/retained these areas after WWI, would have Czechoslovakia in all likelihood still been a quite democratic, quite social-democratic country, just in OTL. If not, what would have been the consequence, "just" being a more conservative, but still democratic country; or following the path of its neighbouring countries; or something completely different?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies