Most overrated president (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:17:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Most overrated president (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most overrated president  (Read 27753 times)
J-Mann
United States

« on: November 27, 2004, 02:33:28 AM »

JFK, JFK, and JFK.  The whole obsession with "Camelot" makes me cringe.  There is no Camelot, and there is very little Kennedy legacy.  The guy was President for two-and-a-half years.  Just think if Clinton had been judged on just that amount of time in office!  He can't accurately be measured, so he shouldn't be included in any list or ranking of great Presidents.  

OK, StatesRights, I give up...why is it that you hate Lincoln so much?  
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 02:34:05 AM »

Heh...yeah, he sucked big time.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 10:42:25 PM »

OK, StatesRights, I give up...why is it that you hate Lincoln so much?

Well, I thought we had this debate as to why I dislike this treasonous villian.

If you think I'm following every single post on every thread on this board, you're dillusional.  You probably did speak of this somewhere else, so excuse me for asking.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 02:07:05 AM »

George W Bush!  The guy is a g moron.  I do like his ears and his smile though. 

Your maturity is inspiring.

"I'll slam your head in a car door"

Kiss my ass you pony-tailed piece of street trash.

Haha, I love when you quote Nixon...I have to click on the threads and go back and read them.  Trust me, they keep me rolling!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 08:06:49 PM »

Bono, your arguments are like saying Thomas Jefferson was a slaveowner, thus he is overrated.

Lincoln will be remembered primarily for his prosecuting the federal side of the civil war and for the emancipation proclamation. All of those other things had no or negligible impact on the nation's history. These two things had a massive impact and are what create the name of Lincoln. Depending on your view of these two events, your view of Lincoln will be shaped.

I was merely arguing that he was a terrible man, who deserved to be killed, someone asked why did we hated him.

I also find it unfair to apply today's politically correct standards to someone who lived even 145 years ago.  Lives have to be judged within the context of the time period in which they lived.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 01:21:42 AM »

Bono, your arguments are like saying Thomas Jefferson was a slaveowner, thus he is overrated.

Lincoln will be remembered primarily for his prosecuting the federal side of the civil war and for the emancipation proclamation. All of those other things had no or negligible impact on the nation's history. These two things had a massive impact and are what create the name of Lincoln. Depending on your view of these two events, your view of Lincoln will be shaped.

I was merely arguing that he was a terrible man, who deserved to be killed, someone asked why did we hated him.

I also find it unfair to apply today's politically correct standards to someone who lived even 145 years ago.  Lives have to be judged within the context of the time period in which they lived.

I've tried to do that before here on the forum, yet no one understands and I get labeled "racist" or "bigot".

I find that people are just looking for an argument when they try to apply today's standards.  It's like Columbus hatred...it's ridiculous.  I actually had a class in college about human evolution, and the professor asked whether or not it was right for Cro Magnon man to wipe out Neanderthal man.  Some girl actually started answering (saying, of course, that it was insensitive and wrong of the Cro Magnons to destroy a lesser peoples) when I interrupted and told everyone how stupid they were!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies