Besides Minnesota, what "purplish" states are moving towards the GOP? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 10:49:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Besides Minnesota, what "purplish" states are moving towards the GOP? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Besides Minnesota, what "purplish" states are moving towards the GOP?  (Read 5533 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 21, 2009, 04:41:32 PM »

Abandoning a state doesn't have that big of an effect. I doubt anyone who would have come out for McCain failed to come out for Wahlberg. And McCain abandoned it not because he ran out of money but because it was hopeless and he didn't have the money to waste. He kept spending in Minnesota until the end and outspent Obama.

McCain was trailing by 4 points when he pulled out. He was behind further in MN and PA at that point. Why did he throw money at ME-02? You don't take money from a state with 17 electors that you are trailing 4 or 5 points and throw it at one elector that you are trailing by 10 in. Wasting money never seemed to be a concern for McCain so thats a lame excuse. He didn't even acknowledge what was going on in Indiana and his VA campaign was rather lame. He also abandoned NV and CO again because he was short of money. History will regard McCain's campaign as the most disorganised and ineffective in recent history. Your Walberg connection is full of irony, since I blame his loss on McCain's decision. People wouldn't come out for a House race if they don't plan to vote for Presidency. Some Republicans felt betrayed others just so depressed about our chances there they stayed home, taking what should have been 46% for McCain and turning it into 42%.

I am in the district (MI-07) that Tim Walberg lost. Walberg was a right-wing nutcase who won 40% of the vote in a GOP primary and barely beat a Republican moderate, and then ran against a disorganized Democratic opponent in 2006. In 2008 he was so far right that he could be defeated in an R+5 district. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies