Please SHUT UP about Ohio et al (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:30:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Please SHUT UP about Ohio et al (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Please SHUT UP about Ohio et al  (Read 8221 times)
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« on: January 09, 2005, 10:45:42 PM »

You know, I would agree with that statement.  In the building I teach in there are a number of Democrats who voted for Kerry.  About half of them are Michael Moore fans.  That leaves half the Democrats as somewhat sane.

Problem is that the Democratic Party has allowed the Moore wing to define their party.

It's killing their party in elections.  Memo to Jimmy Carter:  don't ask Jabba the wingnut to share your box at any future Democratic Convention even though I'm pretty sure that you've adopted his ideology.  Try to keep it a secret.
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 11:08:20 PM »

I would agree that he plays hard to the wingnut base and uses it to make his living.  To a certain extent, Coulter plays the same financial game on the right.  Smart $$ policy for them, but stupid politics for the Dems to have gotten as close to Moore as they did.  After 9-11, it was particularly stupid.  Played right into Rove's hands.

I firmly believe the Democratic Party has to put some good distance between them and Mr. Moore.  Half the Democratic senators attended the Washington opening of Moore's film.  (including EX SENATOR Daschle) That's plain crazy.  It's kind of like if Bush senior sat with Falwell and Robertson at the Republican Convention.  It colors the party and chases away rational voters in droves.

Alcon, people like you are the way back for the Democratic Party.  Moore along with the Hollywood left are absolutely killing any chance the Dems have to regain power.  People like yourself will need to take back your party in order to win.  Had Senator Lieberman been nominated, Ohio, NM, and Iowa would have gone Democratic and January 20th would have been a much happier occasion for the party of Jefferson.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies