The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 09:24:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 210885 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: June 21, 2013, 06:03:01 PM »

"According to measures of things liberals like in the abstract, Connecticut leads the nation in things liberals like in the abstract."

The so-called "Human Development Index," by the way, is one of the most hilarious bits of pseudo-econometrics ever devised.  Communists, whiny that Soviet Bloc countries were far behind their more-capitalist counterparts even in the liberal-Keynesian GDP measure (which includes any and all government purchases of goods and services, up to and including building stacks of $100 bills and setting them on fire), decided to create their own "alternative" index that would show that the Commies were really doing just as well, with such hilarious innovations as making educational enrollment and years of schooling - not educational outcomes, enrollment and years of schooling, whether it's preschool or college or students repeating a grade or students skipping grades - the main component, also in effect double-counting government spending on education.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »

I am baffled by the outrage at Shua's post, here. I'm kind of sick and tired of people being told they're not allowed to have opinions on s**t. The amount of hair-trigger outrage and strawmanning went from zero to one-hundred in a way I don't think I've ever seen happen in so short a time.

What I've basically gathered here is: White people aren't allowed to have any opinion on anything race-related. (Unless that opinion happens to be completely agreement with said people.) People of a said race who share that opinion don't matter, because a white person's opinion is always illegitimate. And I would, of course, think exactly that, because I'm white. Therefore, checkmate against me, I guess.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 10:25:56 PM »

I completely get that (and I actually agree with you!), my issue was mainly that the opinion from Shua and theotherguywhoIdon'tremember was being dismissed, and people were getting super pissed off all of the sudden, not on its merits, but merely because they are white people stating it.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 10:47:51 PM »

Also, if the N-word is a symbol of black unity and expression (which I think is fine), why is the Confederate flag so controversial? And please don’t respond with “false equivalency.” If the N-word, a word of hate, is a symbol of pride now, I don’t see why a flag of hate can’t be the same thing.

Well, I'm sorry to disappoint, but there is a difference. I was kind of hoping Deadflag would do it for me, since I'm not sure I want to really bother wading in to explain this either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies