Kasich: Don't drink alcohol if you don't want to get raped (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:05:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kasich: Don't drink alcohol if you don't want to get raped (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kasich: Don't drink alcohol if you don't want to get raped  (Read 10942 times)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 15, 2016, 02:25:10 PM »

It is true that if you avoid parties where alcohol is being consumed (ie parties), you will be less likely to be raped.

It's also true that if you never leave your house, you will be less likely to be raped.

These are not realistic solutions though.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 02:34:56 PM »

ok but he is completely right, though he could have said it differently.

Again, it's right that if you live in a bubble and never have human contact, you will significantly reduce your chance of getting raped. It's not worth saying at all though.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 05:37:44 PM »

Locking your doors is reasonable advise. It takes a second and doesn't really impact your life otherwise.

Don't socialize, unless it's with Mormons, is not reasonable advise. It impacts your life hugely.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 06:56:19 PM »

If he had said "don't get black out drunk" it would have been less offensive. Still politically dumb but not as offensive.

Don't go to parties with a lot of alcohol IS basically saying don't socialize. That's not a sad statement on society either. Alcohol is not illegal. It is not immoral. Most people use it responsibly or with little negative repercussion beyond feeling a little groggy the next day. There's no reason you should have to avoid merely being in its presence in order to avoid being violently sexually assaulted.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 07:05:19 PM »

Life is full of risks.  It is up to each individual to choose what risks they can/will tolerate.  Personally as a heterosexual male I've removed myself from several social situations over the years because I didn't like the scene nor the direction it was going.  I mean I know I have "muh rights" but I don't want to deal with the consequences of exercising each and every one of those rights 24/7.  I am not going to go out there an exercise "muh rights" to prove a point and end up arrest or killed.
I think we found the guy who sleeps with passed out people at parties.  Nobody wants to read your misrepresentations.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

If I honestly thought you believed the things you post I would say you have very deep and profound problems.

You quoted NIH as though it were somehow the same thing as a presidential candidate giving a bit of friendly advice to rape victims to wear less revealing clothing.  Oh wait, I forgot we were talking about alcohol instead.

I have no desire to defend John Kasich from a largely accurate thread title to make some clueless MRA feel better about discourse on this forum.  You've made your bed, now you can sleep in it.  You sided with the rapists and it's pretty clear that you have a personal motivation for doing that.  Nothing you can say will exonerate you.

The anti-Kasich side was winning this argument on merit, there's no reason to accuse someone of being a rapist. Especially when it's clear he's not being pro-rape, he's just being pro-prude.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 07:49:04 PM »

You should avoid parties with alcohol involved if you do not have people you trust around you. It is common sense. Sure, we should focus more on the men and women who sexually assault individuals. However, don't put yourself in bad situations because you are partially to blame

Going to a party with alcohol (which is all parties not sponsored by a Mosque or a Mormon temple) is not a "bad situation". That's what I find ridiculous about Kasich's statement.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies