DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:00:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 271948 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: January 06, 2021, 03:19:45 PM »

Douglas Macarthur needs to brought in.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 03:21:35 PM »

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 03:33:16 PM »

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 06:44:39 PM »

When I see footage of that lady-protestor who was shot in the chest and is bleeding out, part of me definitely wants to jump through the screen and start administering aid.  Blood is blood, a wounded human is a wounded human.  

But there's definitely a "play stupid games..." side to it.  And I don't feel good about that.  

Rioter/ not protester.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 06:56:07 PM »

REMEMBER: Trump said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and get away with it.

Now someone got shot because of the thugs he directly incited.

This tests his theory.  Will any Republicans stand up?

The person shot was one of those thugs?

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 08:59:51 PM »

MY QUEEN IS ALIVE!

Why is this labeled jan 5th?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 10:23:56 PM »

Romney is furious.

I have lots of issues with Romney. And I often counter and disagree people I know relentlessly praising him for just being anti-Trump or whatever.

But he is in the right here. And he is speaking the truth, and I respect him for it.

Romney, as the only Republican to vote for Trump's impeachment in either House of Congress, is the only Republican who has credibility in condemning Trump for what he has done.

That's a separate issue though for impeachment as that had to do with Ukraine issue , unless one wants to go down the purely political purpose of impeachment.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 12:08:42 AM »

Can we not celebrate death of while a deranged person, still not an evil one?

She actively fought for this day to be the time when the so-called storm arose and Trump would be there by execute all his political opponents. We're talking about mass murder that this woman actively wanted to encourage.

what's with his white privilege bulsh**t calling her deranged? Yeah, she may have had a screw loose, but why do we not say that about other political or religious Fanatics like Isis who are always just plain evil?

She was evil. She wanted to see blood in the streets of people who didn't vote like her. She was a dangerous bloodthirsty horrible human being who would have seen dozens if not hundreds die tonight if she and her cohorts cook got away with it.

She can rot in hell for all I care. There, I said  it.

In my use of language, I often use the word deranged for violent crazies regardless of background. I merely wanted to make the point that open celebration of an accidental violent death is not a good thing.

I guess maybe celebration shouldn't happen but one really shouldn't feel any empathy for this fool.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 01:46:30 AM »

Steve Cohen (D-TN) just outright called Trump a “narcissistic sociopath” who has “no redeeming values” and it’s a “disgrace for America” that he even exists in our borders, says he should be removed immediately.

Between this and Toomey calling him a lying demagogue, seems like Congress is just taking the gloves off, saying everything they’ve wanted to for 4 years. It’s cathartic, I gotta say.

Cohen has never kept his gloves on lol. He told Blackburn to jump off a bridge 2 years ago.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 06:07:22 PM »
« Edited: January 07, 2021, 09:34:53 PM by lfromnj »

The true enemy of the people:

Remember when the destruction of private property was supposed to be a crime so heinous as to be punished by immediate death?
To be specific not exactly the destruction but rather to prevent further destruction. If said dude is actually captured by the cops/surrenders it would be insanity to execute him without a full trial etc.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 05:58:51 PM »

LMAO
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 02:25:43 PM »

https://wtop.com/dc/2021/01/prosecutors-weigh-heavy-hammer-felony-murder-for-rioters-in-capitol-officers-death/

Prosecutors weigh felony murder charges for all the rioters.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 04:24:26 PM »

So far not the end of the world for them and may be unrelated but twitter stock has gone down 7%.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2021, 05:07:01 PM »

I think everyone who was within 30 feet of the murder and acting like a mob should be charged.  They were committing a dangerous felony and someone got killed.  This seems to be the exact reason we have felony murder statutes everywhere.

I mean there's a reason why Caesar had 46 assassins but only 21 stab wounds Tongue
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2021, 10:23:35 AM »

When Steve Doocy is the voice of reason...

What is attacking a federal courthouse ?
May not be democracy but very much the institutions
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 10:05:00 AM »
« Edited: January 14, 2021, 11:50:24 AM by lfromnj »

When Steve Doocy is the voice of reason...

What is attacking a federal courthouse ?
May not be democracy but very much the institutions

1.Mayor Ted Wheeler did attempt to prevent the violence without escalating the situation.

2.I'm not aware of any prominent Democrats who incited these riots.  I'm not even aware of any Democrats at all who incited the Portland riots.

Mindless false equivalence.  

1. Wheeler knew what he was doing, it was either trying to win reelection because a large minority  of Portland voters literally support rioting and almost all of them hate Trump. Federal help was the answer but he refused it because that would be "working with Trump"

2. I didn't say any prominent Democrat endorsed it, I am just saying the Portland riots weren't just regular riots and did involve attacking a federal courthouse repeatedly for weeks.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2021, 07:50:45 PM »

Cohen also partially walked back his claims.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2021, 09:57:42 PM »

Unfortunately not,

I guess tying into the recent National concern of violence against Asian-Americans. A Pakistani immigrant Uber driver was murdered by two teenage girls in SW DC. Not far from Capitol Hil.

Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned since it’s been in national news.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/shocking-video-shows-deadly-dc-uber-eats-carjacking-by-teen-girls

Its in off topic as it should be.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies