Vatican City 2013 papal election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:47:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Vatican City 2013 papal election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vatican City 2013 papal election  (Read 54326 times)
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« on: February 12, 2013, 03:51:14 AM »

As catholic, I hope he won't be italian, even though Scola would be a wonderful Pope, basically because the Church needs to be even more international and the focus must be on Africa, Asia, South America, so I'd prefer some cardinal coming from these areas but with international expericence, that knows many languages, has energy enough to travel very much!
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 03:27:29 AM »

Cardinal Meissner, the head of the German congregation of Catholic Bishops, yesterday made a statement that the next Pope should preferably not be older than 70 years. From my understanding, this would exclude most of the Italian candidates.

To which extent Meissner only spoke for himself or was articulating considerations of certain other Germans within the Roman-Catholic leadership has remained unclear to me.

P.S: it is also rumoured here that it was the Italian "delegation" that provided the critical votes for Benedict's election, and they are currently reminding the German Cardinals on it.

P.P.S: Two new names in the press here: Christoph Schönborn (Vienna, a former student of Benedict), and Luis Antonio Tagle (Manila).

I agree. This resignation is also a message in favour of a younger Pope, and I hope someone coming outside of Europe. Tagle would be very good.
Iannis
Rookie
Italy

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 08:03:53 AM »

Reading the daily mail article it seems that it indicates documents written by one of the jesuits who had "the impression" that Bergoglio had betrayed him, even though Bergoglio denied, and even though he was the one who made him be liberated, very probably. Very very weak accusation, especially because thounsands of leftist activists were arrested in that period and tehre was no need of Bergoglio intervention fo their arrest. Unfortunately in the same period they had been expelled by jesuits for doctrinal reason, this is the real reason  of these speculations.
Also the second document of 1979, so 3 years later, shows only that Bergoglio doesn't advice in favour of the ahndling of a passport to them and nothing else.
I realy see all this as grasping at straws
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies