ATTN: MAS and Rockefeller Republican (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:34:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ATTN: MAS and Rockefeller Republican (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ATTN: MAS and Rockefeller Republican  (Read 1682 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 01, 2007, 08:55:27 PM »

What the hell does this even mean? This makes no sense.

i) A successful vote of two thirds of voting (either in the affirmative or in the negative) members Legislative Assembly of the Northeast Region.

ii) A successful vote of majority of all members of the Legislative Assembly, voting, abstaining and absent members combined.

You wrote that there has to be a successful vote of 2/3 of the members, but then it has be a successful vote of the majority of members? What the hell?

Part (i) says that 2/3 of those who cast a ballot must cast an aye vote for the amendment to pass.

Part (ii) says that 1/2 of those who are registered voters in the Northeast must vote aye for the amendment to pass, as "absent members" seems to reference those who may vote but otherwise do not.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 10:46:09 PM »

What the hell does this even mean? This makes no sense.

i) A successful vote of two thirds of voting (either in the affirmative or in the negative) members Legislative Assembly of the Northeast Region.

ii) A successful vote of majority of all members of the Legislative Assembly, voting, abstaining and absent members combined.

You wrote that there has to be a successful vote of 2/3 of the members, but then it has be a successful vote of the majority of members? What the hell?

Part (i) says that 2/3 of those who cast a ballot must cast an aye vote for the amendment to pass.

Part (ii) says that 1/2 of those who are registered voters in the Northeast must vote aye for the amendment to pass, as "absent members" seems to reference those who may vote but otherwise do not.

Absent members refers to people who don't vote at all.

Which is exactly what I said.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies