Nebraska Democratic Official; "I'm glad Scalise was shot"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:34:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nebraska Democratic Official; "I'm glad Scalise was shot"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nebraska Democratic Official; "I'm glad Scalise was shot"  (Read 1910 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2017, 12:13:06 PM »

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nebraska-democratic-party-official-im-glad-scalise-got-shot-i-wish-he-was-fking-dead/article/2626923

Nebraska Democratic Party Chairman Phil Montag was fired last week after audio surfaced stating that he was happy Steve Scalise was shot, and that he wished he was dead.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 12:16:40 PM »

I non sarcastically feel reassured by how quickly he was sacked.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 12:38:48 PM »

Why are Democrats in these deep red states so extreme? In 2014 audio from Kansas Democrats insulting some towns in their own state surfaced. I'm in DC, a 4% Trump city and you don't hear people talking like that. You'd think Nebraska Democrats would be blue dog salt of the earth types.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 12:39:11 PM »

I'm glad he was fired. You shouldn't condone violence against others for their political opinions.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 12:46:57 PM »

Why are Democrats in these deep red states so extreme? In 2014 audio from Kansas Democrats insulting some towns in their own state surfaced. I'm in DC, a 4% Trump city and you don't hear people talking like that. You'd think Nebraska Democrats would be blue dog salt of the earth types.

Lack of power breeds frustration.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 01:29:39 PM »

1) RE: the OP, absolutely disgusting, and I'm glad he was fired.  There is no room for a major political party to tolerate views or statements like that.

2) Yep, pretty much spot-on.  If you're a Republican in Western Oregon, and you very much feel like your "version" of life in Oregon is a conservative one, you will eventually start to *hate* the folks who outvote you time after time after time and keep your state non-Atlas blue.  Same with Democrats in Nebraska.  Conservative governance is unavoidable for them, and it'll breed contempt really quickly.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 01:37:44 PM »

1) RE: the OP, absolutely disgusting, and I'm glad he was fired.  There is no room for a major political party to tolerate views or statements like that.

2) Yep, pretty much spot-on.  If you're a Republican in Western Oregon, and you very much feel like your "version" of life in Oregon is a conservative one, you will eventually start to *hate* the folks who outvote you time after time after time and keep your state non-Atlas blue.  Same with Democrats in Nebraska.  Conservative governance is unavoidable for them, and it'll breed contempt really quickly.

That's kind of a national thing right now. We don't have enough votes and there's not much of a center.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 01:57:17 PM »

Disgusting.
Glad he was fired.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 02:22:05 PM »

Meh, he shouldn't have said it.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 02:23:11 PM »

I non sarcastically feel reassured by how quickly he was sacked.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2017, 03:01:39 PM »

It is shocking (if welcome) to see a major party give a prominent official the boot after making such a deplorable statement.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 03:02:52 PM »

You're the worst person on this site, LOL.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 03:05:02 PM »

David Duke without the baggage. That's all I have to say.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 03:31:05 PM »

It is shocking (if welcome) to see a major party give a prominent official the boot after making such a deplorable statement.

Only if it's a Republican. Democrats and leftists are supposed to be nice little roll overs who "go high"
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2017, 03:37:37 PM »

I've said worse about my enemies.

With that being said, it is unacceptable behavior for party officials.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 04:59:03 PM »

Exactly this: Many Utah Democrats say extremely insulting things about members of Utah's founding/main religion, which... isn't the best move.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 05:01:26 PM »

True.
I'm glad he was fired for saying this.  There really is no excuse.  It's the kind of thing you say out of anger to your significant other in private and then feel bad for having even said it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 05:02:28 PM »

I'm glad he was fired. You shouldn't condone violence against others for their political opinions.

This. Times 10.

I'm frankly surprised this was actually the state chairman. When I first saw the thread title I assumed it was some Precinct chairman or County party Vice Treasurer or the like. You think somebody that Rose to such a level of prominence and Power would have been revealed as a disgusting a hole far before this.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2017, 05:09:40 PM »

This. Times 10.

I'm frankly surprised this was actually the state chairman. When I first saw the thread title I assumed it was some Precinct chairman or County party Vice Treasurer or the like. You think somebody that Rose to such a level of prominence and Power would have been revealed as a disgusting a hole far before this.

Actually I'm missing a word in my OP. He's actually the State Democrat's Technology Chairman.

Still disgusting though.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »

This. Times 10.

Actually I'm missing a word in my OP. He's actually the State Democrat's Technology Chairman.

Still disgusting though.

Ah. A professional computer geek. No wonder he's so poorly socialized. Tongue

But joking aside, yes good riddance to
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2017, 05:22:57 PM »

He was a volunteer, so technically he wasn't "fired", and "party official" is a pretty generous description.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 07:02:41 PM »

you say that as if there are not extreme Dems in deep blue areas.  I doubt the moron that sucker punched a faux Nazi was from the great plains, neither were most people cheering him on.  The professor hitting people in the face with a bike chain, probably not from Mississippi.  The people that kicked the girl in the face for wearing a make bitcoin great again hat, probably not from Wyoming.  Now the person that shot Scalise was from Iowa, yes?  So maybe they're more into guns?  Just as extreme though.

None of the local bleeding hearts that I know here in NE nor any of my left leaning friends and family back home in southern IL are violent about their politics.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2017, 07:58:45 PM »

Over 60% of Hillary's vote in Nebraska came from Douglas and Lancaster counties. Most of the Democrats there are urban liberals, and probably not much different than Democrats in most places.
The Self
Rookie
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2017, 08:42:39 PM »

you say that as if there are not extreme Dems in deep blue areas.  I doubt the moron that sucker punched a faux Nazi was from the great plains, neither were most people cheering him on.

The guy that punched Richard Spencer wasn't even a Democrat.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies