Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 02:24:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread  (Read 15011 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: April 22, 2019, 08:33:25 PM »

A less likely conspiracy theory I thought of is that Cersei didn't actually order Qyburn to commission Bronn to kill her brothers, and that Qyburn himself is doing this on his own for some unknown reason.  I really don't think that theory is true.  I just wanted to mention it so that I can get credit for thinking of it in the unlikely event it pans out.  Tongue

I suspect that Qyburn acting as the messenger there has more to do with the fact that Lena Headey and Jerome Flynn refuse to act in any scenes together, due to a nasty breakup a few years ago.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 11:13:44 PM »

So anyway, is there any chance Melisandre shows up in the next episode to play some role in the fight against the dead (ideally with some elephants)?

I'm wondering the same thing.  I feel like the core themes of 'Ice and Fire' have been underplayed so far.  The 'Ice' side of the upcoming war is obvious, but clearly the 'Fire' side is represented by the Lord of Light (plus Dany's dragons, although that's now a 2:1 split across either side now).  My own Hail Mary theory is that Melisandre has further developed her power to raise the dead, so that she'll show up and convert (some of) the Night King's army back to their side.  Probably not tomorrow's episode though; I suspect it'll be once the dead have marched on King's Landing.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 10:36:59 AM »

Part of what made this show so enjoyable was the palace intrigue.  But that era ended when Cersei blew up the Tyrells and High Sparrow, and Littlefinger finally got littlefingered at Winterfell.  Since then, all the characters have shaken out so that they’re now surrounded by allies, not enemies.  It’s all become so simple now.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 01:00:49 AM »

I mean,
In the season they had to rush a bit because they didn"t have time.

Whose choice was that?

Somebody said it earlier in this thread; the writers are behaving as if this show got canceled.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 05:05:18 PM »

Hmm... the people of Westeros don’t love me as the former slaves I freed in Essos do.  They seem to fear me instead.  What to do... what to do.....
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 04:33:45 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 09:30:18 PM »

After not watching Game of Thrones at all following Season 5, I made the snap decision to try and watch the final season this year.

I regret everything.

I mean, the first two episodes were both very good. Episodes 3 and 5 were very well-made technically outside of the writing.

I can certainly agree with that.  Last Sunday’s episode would have been fantastic viewing for anybody who hasn’t watched any of the preceding 71 episodes.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 09:38:57 PM »

I mean no disrespect as you otherwise seem like a fine poster and such, but I have to put you on ignore for a little while.  Your recent posts here add zero value to the thread.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 06:02:09 PM »

This season would've made a lot more sense with some Spongebob time cuts.

You mean to tell me that Tyrion literally arranging some chairs during the final episode of this whole show wasn't totally integral, essential viewing?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 06:33:22 PM »

What was the point of Jon being a Targaryen?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 09:42:06 PM »

Well, this has been an absolute ride.

No, not watching the show (I have better things to do with my life), but rather watching people's reaction to how ludicrously bad the show has become. It was obvious since season 5 really that the quality of the writing was plummeting faster than British Tories' standing in the polls. Thankfully I lost all investment I might have had in this story after the utter abomination that was S6E10 (well, OK, almost all investment - it does feel nice to see Sansa crowned Queen in the North). Seeing y'all go through the same process now is pretty satisfying tbh.

And if you still liked it, good for you I guess. Like whatever you want to like, but you'd better have good arguments to defend it because it's a tough sell.

Roll Eyes

"I stopped liking it long before it was mainstream"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies