HMX explosives left unsecured by troops (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:00:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  HMX explosives left unsecured by troops (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HMX explosives left unsecured by troops  (Read 27857 times)
shankbear

« on: October 28, 2004, 11:41:32 PM »

have the interviews with the 101st troops been completely discounted?  I haven't heard any more about them.  Has the expectation od an OCTOBEr surprise already been factored into voters minds?  How many undecided voters could there be?  No DEmos or Repubs will be swayed.
shankbear

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 12:00:31 AM »

Are these Ministry of Science Iraqis former Bathist Party members?  360 tons vs. 3 tons.  Even the IEA UN papers say there was possibly only 3 tons.  Who to believe.
shankbear

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 12:28:50 AM »

j.j....I have probably missed it in the news but who has actually been at the site in the last 18 months?  Iraqis?  US?  Who has inventoried the site lately?
shankbear

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 08:18:10 AM »

There have been a lot of U.S troops in that area since it fell.  It is extremely difficult to believe that a bunch of people in big trucks could just pull up to this site and load up 360 tons of ANYTHING without U.S. forces falling in on them.

The little video by that TV station shows so little that no definitive determination can be made by it.  It is silly to say otherwise.

It looks like the whole country was a giant ammo dump and thank God we have captured most of it.  Sounds like a great job by our troops.
shankbear

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 08:40:41 AM »

just read that the Iraqis are saying that maybe the stuff was gone before we got there....mas later
shankbear

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 11:53:32 AM »

hearing the Pentagon briefing of Major Austin Pearson it seems that there are distinctly competing stories as to these explosives.  I would believe an officer on the scene quicker than some Iraqi who cannot get his story straight.  I would go with him over the TV station that shot some video at a site that MAY have been at Al QaQaa.  The TV station says that they do not know where they were.

I would go with the grunts on the ground who have the credibility and the expertise to do their jobs.

The are MANY questions as to these explosives but there are NO definitive answers.  Kerry has been out there saying it is a fact.  He has now stopped saying that.  Another flip flop?  I don't know.....not enough information yet.

shankbear

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 03:01:22 PM »

Khirk you said it.....a FRENCH reporter.  Zero credibility.  None, nada, zip.

The site was crawling with U.S. troops.  They did't just sneak 380 tons out.  380 tons.  We blew it up already.  I have confidence that our slodiers knew and know what the hell they were doing.  Give them credit.  Do not denigrate our troops.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies