Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:27:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Europe-Middle East-Africa Refugee Crisis General Thread  (Read 129396 times)
Hnv1
YaBB God

« on: August 21, 2015, 12:38:34 PM »

In the German city of Tübingen, the Green mayor Boris Palmer, threatens to confiscate [unused] private property to forcefully house asylum seekers and/or illegals ...

FF
Short sighted FF maybe.

I think an economic plan is the solution, wipe out most of sub-Sahara african countries debt and provide an aid package so they could start rebuilding their own countries and immigration floods will dwindle. (Yes I believe most of the refugees are in fact economic immigrants)
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 05:17:23 PM »

Football hooligans are attacking migrants in Hungary:

Meanwhile, about 1.000 migrants disappeared from camps in Hungary and started marching towards Austria on the major highway ...

Pretty dangerous with cars passing them at 80 mph ...
Jobbik and their thugs hadd been awfully quite so far
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 01:35:53 PM »

My god, has this place always been crawling with neo nazis and racists?! Old Atlas really has gone down the tubes it seems.
Labeling isn't helpful either, I think it's legitimate European people have some concern regarding a large torrent of immigration and being wary about its impacts does not make racist by any means. It's not really a black and white situation and naming is far from helpful in conducting a reasonable debate
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 05:42:29 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2015, 05:46:14 PM by Hnv1 »

My god, has this place always been crawling with neo nazis and racists?! Old Atlas really has gone down the tubes it seems.
Labeling isn't helpful either, I think it's legitimate European people have some concern regarding a large torrent of immigration and being wary about its impacts does not make racist by any means. It's not really a black and white situation and naming is far from helpful in conducting a reasonable debate

And this is what we are getting from the Israeli left.
From where in what I wrote did you see my opinion exactly? I happen to be for increased immigration (to Europe, US, and Israel) yet I don't think that's the only solution for the problem as a whole, there is some maximum capacity for immigration. Immigration is needed to be handled wisely and I don't think labeling anyone who has valid concern about what is happening as a Nazi or racist (I'm sure some are but I'm also sure the majority isn't).

p.s if I recall properly you're Libertarian pardon me if I take you moral high ground on what is 'left wing view' with a grain of salt
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 09:59:19 AM »

An Arab translator at Vienna train station recently estimated that 25-50% of the migrants arriving there "have no Syrian Arab dialect". He also spoke about a guy from Egypt who said that "now is the chance of his lifetime to sneak into Europe, using fake Syrian passports."

Oh man, try to defend that you naive leftists ...
Wouldn't they be found eventually and deported? I see no reason people from Egypt\Pakistan\any country not in war should be regarded as refugees
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 01:40:35 PM »

Wouldn't that new measurement by the Orban government be taken to the ECHR and be voided?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 07:41:59 AM »

I think we're both fairly reasonable people. I'd be disappointed if you didn't offer your thoughts-- provided you aren't trying to insinuate that refugee camps are comparable to ghettoes.

Refugee camps may very well be a temporary logistical necessity. Their implementation in Hungary, from what I have heard so far, has been a disgrace - by design I am afraid. Though, of course, there are many wonderful Hungarian volunteers who have been trying to do something about it.

The reason I would prefer not to say much more in this thread (or, for that matter, on this board) is that, unfortunately, at this point I cannot stand far too many of the other posters here. Our worldview is too far apart. They read different books as children, I am afraid. I read about Motele and his family - and they did not.
I read the Silmarillion loads of Elven refugees there
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 05:32:04 AM »

EU has agreed to share the 120,000 refugees. Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic and Romania voted against it, but it is approved by a qualified majority.

It is very unusual for EU make decisions regarding national sovereignty without unilateral consent, but obviously also unusual circumstances.
Congratulations for all right wing to far-right parties in their upcoming national elections
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 09:57:35 AM »

K... And in a more old fashioned atlas discussion, does anyone has figures of number of immigrants in the EU this year compared to similar time last year?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 02:09:58 PM »

K... And in a more old fashioned atlas discussion, does anyone has figures of number of immigrants in the EU this year compared to similar time last year?

Don't know about the EU, but Austria already has numbers for the first half of 2016:

About 26.000 asylum requests (similar to the 28.000 in the first half of 2015).

http://www.bmi.gv.at/cms/BMI_Asylwesen/statistik/start.aspx
A. Austria alone is too small of sample to learn of general trend
B. do you have a segmentation of place of origin for those 28K?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies