The 10 biggest federal income tax breaks (and how much they cost) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:25:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  The 10 biggest federal income tax breaks (and how much they cost) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 10 biggest federal income tax breaks (and how much they cost)  (Read 3567 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: June 29, 2013, 02:48:23 PM »

We really need to make capital gains taxable like regular income and go even higher on ridiculous sums.

Someone who invests his pittance in hopes of a decent retirement shouldn't be taxed to death.  But obviously Mitt Romney shouldn't get benefits.  Every time he invests, it should result in a whittling away of his wealth until he's more in line with the regular people he loathes so much.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 04:53:24 PM »

We really need to make capital gains taxable like regular income and go even higher on ridiculous sums.

Someone who invests his pittance in hopes of a decent retirement shouldn't be taxed to death. 

We already have that. They're called 401k's, IRA's etc.

I'd personally be happy with taxing Cap Gains/Dividends/Interest the same as Ordinary income and be done with it.
Of course that would be ideal.  Punishing Mitt Romney aside, I believe in equality of opportunity.  People who have enough money to make enormous gains off of the stock market have enjoyed a very privileged opportunity that nearly all of the rest of us don't have.

Stop incentivizing the wringing of piles of other peoples' cash to see what money you can get out of it.  Instead businesses can use other channels for capital.. like low interest loans that are made available to anybody with a good idea.  (One of the problems is that the super rich have hidden the door into their world and don't want to make that info public.  Equality of opportunity means making the location of that door public, in a metaphorical sense.)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 11:02:01 PM »

All I see in that graph is relative stability at a time when maximum rates were higher than today.. and then a series of massive bubbles and panics when economic retardism was implemented beginning in the 1970s.

When observations don't match your theory... it doesn't matter how pretty your theory is or how pretty YOU think your theory is.  If the observations don't match the hypothesis.. your theory is wrong.

I'll bet you're waiting on that runaway inflation to come knocking aaaaaaaaany day now.  But when you delude yourself to the point that you have, cognitive dissonance forms and it no longer has to make sense for you to keep believing anymore.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 01:35:10 AM »

They have the sour smell of impending death in their hairy, hairy orifices. You hadn't noticed?

I just wondered why you wrote it. What was the relevance in this context? This little perfidy ruins your otherwise well crafted response to wormguy.

Thanks. I just talk that way, even in real life. Probably something I should work on if I want to schmooze on yachts.
I actually assumed you said that about old people because you wanted to imply that you don't want to be a doctor or something.  Which is something wormy would suggest for would-be riches.  Well, along with his "poor little rich boy" schtick.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies