Bill Clinton's third term
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:22:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Bill Clinton's third term
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
Author Topic: Bill Clinton's third term  (Read 50325 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: January 19, 2018, 03:49:07 PM »

Well Hillary beat Obama in the Illinois Senate Primary here, so it will be Hillary becoming Illinois Senator.

He is still running for a house seat though, so his political career(nationally) while delayed is still not close to being over(if he wins that race).
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #351 on: January 19, 2018, 04:35:53 PM »

Well Hillary beat Obama in the Illinois Senate Primary here, so it will be Hillary becoming Illinois Senator.

He is still running for a house seat though, so his political career(nationally) while delayed is still not close to being over(if he wins that race).

Oh, I see. In that case... HowardDean2k8 would've probably been my choice (though I know you're planning another timeline).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #352 on: January 19, 2018, 07:20:42 PM »

Al Gore's Concession Speech

Gore: A Short While Ago, I spoke with Governor Bush and congratulated him on being elected the 43rd President of the United States, and told him that I wish him the very best, because if he succeeds our country will succeed. I want to thank my campaign staff and volunteers for all the hard work and long hours they put in this campaign, and I want to thank all my supporters as without your support there is no way our campaign could have gone as far as it had(Applause) . I also want to thank my family for putting up with a long campaign and giving me the motivation to campaign hard every day. Now while my political career may be over , I wont stop fighting for the causes we brought up during this campaign whether it is about raising awareness and limiting the effects of Global Warming , or another issue , because while we didnt win , that doenst mean we can stop fighting for our ideals. Thank You and God Bless America.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #353 on: January 19, 2018, 08:58:10 PM »

George W Bush's Victory Speech:

Bush: Thank You , Thank You all for coming. While it may have been a very long night, it certainly was a great one(Applause). A Moment Ago, Vice President Gore called to congratulate me , and I told him that he should be very proud for the great campaign he ran, and I thanked him for all the years he gave to serving the public, whether it was as Senator or Vice President. We both agreed that now its the time for us and everyone who has been elected tonight to put aside the partisan fights aside , and work together to fix many of the issues our country faces(Applause).

I want to thank all of you for working hard for this campaign, but just because we have won tonight doesn't mean our work is over. The America people tonight decided to give me their trust, and it is now my job to make sure to work every day for the next 4 years to continue to earn their trust(Applause). To keep their trust, our incoming administration must work to reform our tax code, put in policies which grow the economy, ensuring Afghanistan continues on its path to becoming a stable democracy, and winning the War on Terror(Applause).  While it may not be an easy task, and , I am sure that we can accomplish that if we all work together as one country, instead of continuing to be divided as Democrat or Republican because throughout our history America succeeds when we are united and falters when we are united(Standing Ovation). Thank You and may God Bless America(Applause).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #354 on: January 19, 2018, 09:22:18 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2019, 01:47:17 AM by Old School Republican »

NBC News- 2004 Election Final Results :

Governor George W Bush(R-TX)/Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani(R-NY) 298 50.6%
Former Vice President Al Gore(D-TN)/Senator Jay Rockefeller(D-WV) 240 48.1%

States Decided by less that 1% :

Pennsylvania : Bush 49.7% Gore 49.5%
Tennessee: Gore 50% Bush 49.6
Oregon: : Bush 48.6% Gore 48% Nader 3.4%
Wisconsin: Bush 50.1% Gore 49.2%

House of Representatives :

Republicans 243
Democrats 192

Senate :

Republicans: 55
Democrats : 43+1 (Caucus)
Undecided : 1

Brokaw: The North Carolina Senate Race between Burr and Edwards will be officially declared as too close to call , and we likely wont know the results of that race for a week or too. Other than that I think tonight is what you can call a Republican night all across the board.

Russert: Except in Illionis where Hillary Clinton won that State senate seat which while expected is still a Democratic Gain. A Surprise Gain though was in the Illinois 8th district where President-Elect Bush won by double digits, and the home of longest serving Republican in the House Phil Crane was defeated by a little known Senator Barack Obama. It was stunning as the demographics in that district wasnt one that usually think would favor the Democrats, especially in a Republican year.

Brokaw: Maybe Congressman-Elect Obama could be the next Senator of Illionis if Hillary either runs and wins the Presidency in the future or becomes a member of the Cabinet. He also could run for governor in 2010 as this win will make him a rising star in the Illionis Democratic Party.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #355 on: January 20, 2018, 01:17:03 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2019, 01:48:41 AM by Old School Republican »

President Clinton reacts to Election Results :

Clinton: Good Morning. Last Night I had the opportunity to speak with President-Elect Bush and congratulated him for winning the election. I also invited him to come to the White House Friday to talk about how we can make sure there is a successful transition between our presidencies. Now while it clear that I would have preferred Vice President Gore to win, he didnt win and now that the election is over its time for our country to unite behind our new President as if he succeeds our country will suceed and that is what we all want at the end of the day.

For the Millions of people who are disappointed in the results of yesterday's election, its ok to be disappointed but remember for the last 3 elections it was the other side who were disappointed with the results and in the 3 elections before that, it was our side who were disappointed as in a democracy one party will never be in power forever. One thing that should make us all optimistic whether you like the results or not is the President-Elect as promised that he will work with both parties to make our country better as he like many of us who have the privilege of serving as your President understand that we dont represent Democrats or Republicans but America as a whole. Thank You and May God Bless our New President and May God Bless America.  
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #356 on: January 20, 2018, 01:19:33 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2019, 01:49:20 AM by Old School Republican »

Bush names Chief of Staff and head of Transition team :

Head Of Transition Team : James Baker

Chief of Staff: Andy Card

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #357 on: January 20, 2018, 04:24:38 AM »

President Clinton and President-Elect Bush's Transition Meeting at the White House:

Clinton: I just want to say that President-Elect Bush and I had a productive an hour and a half minute meeting. We talked about many different issues from how both our teams can guarantee a successful transition between our presidencies, organizational issues in setting up a white house team, about the details of our negotiations with the Syrian Government, and other domestic and foreign issues as well. I also took the President-Elect and on a tour around the White House so he can see how his new home will look like.

Bush: I am very thankful for the fact that the President was able to set up a transition meeting with our team as quickly as they did . I am also glad how cooperative the President has been so far in making sure our transition is as smooth as possible.

Clinton : Thank you for coming and I look forward to working with you and your team for the upcoming weeks.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #358 on: January 20, 2018, 04:38:57 AM »
« Edited: January 20, 2018, 04:50:29 AM by Old School Republican »

President-Elect Bush names his National Security Advisor, OMB Director , and EPA Head

National Security Advisor : Condi Rice

OMB Director: Former Congressman John Kasich

EPA Head: Former Governor Mike Leavitt

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #359 on: January 20, 2018, 04:48:44 AM »

Bush Selects Secretaries of State, Defense, and Homeland Security

Secretary of State: Senator John McCain

Secretary of Defense: Secretary of Homeland Security Colin Powell

Homeland Security Sad Former Senator John Danforth

Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #360 on: January 20, 2018, 06:32:33 AM »

Wow…this is a much better Cabinet than what Dubya had.  No Rumsfeld, no Ashcroft, no Cheney.  A lot less neocons around the table and a lot more moderates
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #361 on: January 20, 2018, 12:37:55 PM »

Wow…this is a much better Cabinet than what Dubya had.  No Rumsfeld, no Ashcroft, no Cheney.  A lot less neocons around the table and a lot more moderates

That's the main difference

Without Cheney, there would have been no Rumsfeld and no Wolfowitz .

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #362 on: January 21, 2018, 03:15:36 AM »

Bush makes more cabinet picks:

Attorney General: Senator Mike DeWine

Secretary of Interior: Colorado Attorney General Gale Nortan

Secretary of Energy: Governor Frank Murkowski

Secretary of Labor: Elaine Chao

Secretary of Agriculture: Representative Bob Goodlatte

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #363 on: January 21, 2018, 03:30:30 AM »

Bush selects Secretaries of Treasury , and Secretary of Commerce:

Secretary of Treasury: Governor Mitt Romney

Secretary of Commerce: Oracle CEO Larry Ellison

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #364 on: January 21, 2018, 03:49:32 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2019, 01:50:05 AM by Old School Republican »

Bush Selects HHS, HUD, Education Secretaries :

HHS Secretary : Former Governor John Engler

HUD Secretary: Former Mayor Susan Golding

Secretary of Education : School District Superintendent Rod Paige

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #365 on: January 21, 2018, 03:32:31 PM »

Bush picks Secretaries of Transportation and VA

Secretary of Transportation Sad Former Governor Bill Graves

Secretary of Veteran Affairs: Former Governor Tom Ridge

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #366 on: January 21, 2018, 07:13:35 PM »

Breaking News: Senator John Edwards concedes race to Richard Burr after Court blocks his latest attempt to keep results from being finalized. 

Brokaw: After weeks of the tightly contested North Carolina Race , Senator John Edwards has finally conceded meaning Richard Burr will be the next Senator from North Carolina and the Republicans will have 56 Senate Seats beginning next year.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #367 on: January 21, 2018, 10:26:24 PM »

President Clinton invites President-Elect Bush's Cabinet to the Whitehouse, to meet with his cabinet.

Caption: President Clinton and President-Elect Bush head to the meeting between both their cabinets.
President Clinton Speaking about the Invitation :

Clinton: I am honored to invite President-Elect Bush's cabinet appointees to the White House today. Usually, people assume that the transition period between two presidencies only involves the outgoing and incoming President, but in reality its a transition between the outgoing administration and incoming administration. A huge part of a president's administration is their cabinet as it is their cabinet who run the various departments thus it is very important that the President-Elect's nominees also get all the information they need before take over as the head of the department. So for that reason, I have called my entire cabinet here tonight, and each one of them will be meeting up with the person taking over their department so their is a smooth transition between my cabinet run departments and the President-Elect's run department.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #368 on: January 21, 2018, 10:30:59 PM »

First Lady Hillary Clinton sworn in as Illinois Senator.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #369 on: January 24, 2018, 03:12:45 AM »
« Edited: January 24, 2018, 09:12:33 PM by Old School Republican »

President Clinton Last Press Conference:

Reporter: With less than a week to go as the President of the United States, do you still have anything you will look to achieve in the last week

Clinton: Yes just yesterday, I have asked Congress to authorize funding for our troops in Afghanistan over the next 4 years. The reason for that is , while the Afghan War is over, our goal to make sure Afghanistan can become a stable democracy, in the long run, will require more time to achieve so we do need to keep troops there. The rest of the things on my agenda for this week will be to make sure the final stages of this transition period go smooth and finalize some things the different departments in the executive branch has been working on for quite some time through executive orders.

Reporter: Did you give any advice to President-Elect Bush on how to not repeat the same mistakes your administration made early on.

Clinton: Well one thing I told him is to remember that while he did win the election, our nation did still was pretty divided and still a centrist nation so while he like me back in 1993 may want to get his agenda through , the country just like in 1992 did not overwhelmingly did not vote one direction. Those early mistakes I made in my first two years resulted in gridlock, many other important policies being ignored, and our party being wiped out in the next election. He responded by telling me that he knows and he really is interested in reaching across the aisle to unite our country.

Reporter: Many young people who supported and worked on Former Vice President Gore campaign were very disappointed when he lost, what do you say to them

Clinton: I would tell them it is ok to be disappointed at the results of an election, but I would tell them not to lose hope just because of the results of an election. The reason for that is that in a democracy it is impossible for one party to stay in power forever, and it is inevitable that at some point the opposing party will win. So while the Democrats have lost this election, they will win sometime in the future , and then after sometime after that the Republican will win. For example in the past 3 election cycles, many young Republicans may have been dissapointed but this year they were really happy at the results. Lastly is to remember that Presidential Elections arent the only elections there are and many policy decisions get taken at the state and local level and not to ingore those .

Reporter: If you had to judge your administration what would you say were the things you were most proud of

Clinton: I am most proud of these 5 accomplishments: One is presiding over an Afghanistan which is slowly becoming a stable democracy, Two is the fact we created more jobs in these 12 years than any other 12 year period in our history, passing Education Reform, Passing Medicare Reform, and expanding US relations to many countries around the world. The fact is I am confident we can build on what we accomplished in these past 12 years, as much of my achievements came due to bipartisan efforts .

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #370 on: January 25, 2018, 02:28:38 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2018, 03:07:46 AM by Old School Republican »

President Clinton Signs Bill which keeps the troops in Afghanistan fully funded for the next 4 years, and also signs Final Executive Orders as President which approves regulations proposed by the EPA

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #371 on: January 25, 2018, 03:03:21 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2018, 03:06:11 AM by Old School Republican »

President Clinton's Farewell Address:

Clinton : My fellow Americans, tonight it will be the last time I will get to speak to you as your President, and I will forever be grateful for giving me the opportunity as to serve this great country of ours . I am also thankful to both Vice President Gore and Kerrey, all my cabinet secretaries, and White House staff over the past 12 years, as our administration would not have been as successful as we were without all the hard work you put into it and because of that we were ready for progress in the new century .

Over the past 12 years both the country and the world has changed dramatically. When I first took office , not only did the old enemy of freedom the Soviet Union had just collapsed, and even the nature of our enemies changes. No Longer where the enemies countries or empires with borders, but instead they operate as a group with members in many different countries who hide as regular citizens and use that to attack innocent civilians like they did on that terrible day on September 11th 2001. Since then though the free world just like it did during World War Two and During the Cold War has united to fight the newest enemies of freedom.

The World has also changed dramatically in other ways too. With the invention and the growth of the Internet, we are heading into a new information age where we can access information easier than at any time in our history, and this age has so far helped our country remain more prosperous. Seeing how it has changed the workforce Congress and I decided to integrate the internet with education, as it will have an even larger impact on their lives when these kids become adults 10-15 years from now and we need to begin to prepare them from that world from now .

I also want to leave you with a couple thoughts about our future. First our nation must continue to improve relations with the rest of the world, as world cooperation is the only way we can solve issues such as winning the war on terror, limiting the effects of Global Warming, and making our economy stronger through trade. Second thing I believe is our nation we must work together to put aside our differences: whether it may be political or any other reason and unite as all throughout our history our nation does better when we unite as one, and falter when we are divided. President Lincoln's words of a house divided cannot stand are as true today as they were in the late 1850s and early 1860s as it was then as when we think of our selves on racial, or political lines that make people think that other Americans our the enemy, and that is something what should not get worse.

Thank You and May God Bless America

President Clinton's Final Approval Numbers:

Question: Now that President Clinton is leaving office, do you approve or disapprove the job he did as president.

Approve: 50%
Disapprove:49%
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #372 on: January 25, 2018, 03:21:07 AM »

New Jersey going republican as late as 2004 would be a little strange, even with party fatigue.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #373 on: January 25, 2018, 03:36:46 AM »

New Jersey going republican as late as 2004 would be a little strange, even with party fatigue.

Rudy Giuliani being picked as VP is one of the big reasons why it flips.

In OTL 2004 Bush lost NJ by 6.5 points(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_New_Jersey,_2004) .

Party fatigue, the country being less polarized ( In reality it was the Bush Presidency what made the North West and previously tossup States in the North East solidly Dem) , and Giuliani being picked as VP is what flipped NJ.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #374 on: January 25, 2018, 06:20:52 PM »

President Bush's Inaugural Speech:

Bush: Chief Justice Rehnquist, President Carter, President Bush, President Clinton, distinguished guests, and my fellow Americans, today we gather here to celebrate the rare tradition we have in our country where power is peacefully handed off from one party to another(Applause). While it may be a normal occurrence in our country, in many countries in the world and through most of our history the idea that there can be a peaceful transition from one leader to another would be viewed as unthinkable. Yes thanks to our constitution, founders, and subsequent Presidents what was rare in history became normal(Applause). For this I want to thank President Clinton for his hard work to make the transition as smooth as possible, and I will be forever grateful for it.(Applause)

Today we also gather here in a time of great hope but we also gather here at a time with many great challenges to deal with. In the world, we face an enemy unlike any other in our history, because unlike our previous enemies they don't have borders, wear uniforms, and face us on the battlefield, but instead, they hide as civilians so they can attack innocent civilians, and they are not limited to just one area or one country but the whole world. Despite the fact that it may be difficult to defeat such an enemy, I am confident we will because our country has been working towards and keep working towards making sure that these terrorists get no safe havens any where in the World(Applause).

We also face an economy which has been struggling to keep up the pace of the previous two decades, jobs going overseas, and a general feeling of stagnation. The reason we have gotten here is for too long Washington has decided to serve the interests of lobbyists over the people, politicians identifying as Republicans or Democrats instead of coming together as one , while not addressing problems such as a broken tax and regulatory code which rewards those in power while punishes people who are not in Washington. It is my goal to change that because at the end of the day its not us who creates jobs but businesses throughout the country (Applause).

While we face many problems, we also have much reasons to be optimistic about. Technological progress is evolving faster than ever, which allows people to get information whenever they want, and create and industry which will create many jobs now and in the future.

Thank You and May God Bless America
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies