Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:32:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 318273 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2018, 03:57:35 AM »

That was my point as well. Abrams’ entire campaign is based around identity politics and national support. Evans has been focused on more local issues. Neither candidate is good. Democrats really blew this race when candidates like Holcomb and Carter passed.

Abrams might fire *some* black people up with here “I’m a black woman” message. But it’ll cancelled out by the votes of still prejudiced white voters in rural GA and the sizable portion of black voters who also know that running a black candidate is a sure fire way to lose.
Abrams campaign is not based around identity politics. I've seen her on the stump multiple times and she has never brought up her race or gender. Expanding medicaid, affordable college, quality public education, rural employment, infrastructure investment, and a fair economy are not identity politics. What speech or ad has consisted of "I'm a black woman, hear me roar"?

And where was the identity politics in this speech, where she had a room full of working class white men giving her a standing ovation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhCq8yCpjXw

And to the bolded: are you suggesting black voters will not vote because she's "sure to lose"? Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy if I've ever saw one.

I’m suggesting they won’t vote for her in the primary. If she wins the nod of course they’ll vote for her in the general
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 09:47:26 PM »

Well, it's getting nasty:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

FWIW, there has been serious questioning about these figures going all the way back to 2014-15 within Democratic circles here. I'm not going to bother with repeating this hearsay and that, but according to some of the data and a lot of what I heard in the past, this isn't inherently an unfair or unfounded attack...but nevertheless a pretty weak one.

Yeah the questioning probably has some basis. I sh1t you not, people from Abrams’ New Georgia Project were on my campus at Valdosta State registering voters. They got everyone at my job in the library to fill out their registration forms... and we were all already registered to vote, and told them so.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2018, 09:36:36 PM »

Yeah Evans’ campaign was awful. But Abrams’ strategy seems to basically be to ignore white voters and try and max out minority voters. Which is mathematically impossible. We would’ve been so much better off with Jason Carter.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies