The American Right: The more things change.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:56:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The American Right: The more things change.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The American Right: The more things change....  (Read 2868 times)
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« on: August 11, 2013, 10:23:01 PM »

A notorious example of William F Buckley's anti-Semitism.  Surprised no one has brought this up yet:

http://sanseverything.wordpress.com/2007/12/20/goldbergs-fascism-and-the-real-thing/

Of course, The New York Times and the UN also condemned Israel for "violating Argentina's sovereignty" and other crimes far more horrible than genocide by kidnapping Eichmann and bringing him back to Israel to stand trial.  It is often thought that Israel knew where Mengele was as early as the 1960's, but feared yet more global condemnation if they attempted to kidnap him (they knew they could never get him extradited) and try him in Israel.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 10:40:10 PM »

A notorious example of William F Buckley's anti-Semitism.  Surprised no one has brought this up yet:

http://sanseverything.wordpress.com/2007/12/20/goldbergs-fascism-and-the-real-thing/

Of course, The New York Times and the UN also condemned Israel for "violating Argentina's sovereignty" and other crimes far more horrible than genocide by kidnapping Eichmann and bringing him back to Israel to stand trial.  It is often thought that Israel knew where Mengele was as early as the 1960's, but feared yet more global condemnation if they attempted to kidnap him (they knew they could never get him extradited) and try him in Israel.
No nation has the right to just kidnap a citizen from another nation for crimes he committed, no matter how horrible. Even the Bin Laden raid was wrong in my book, though I think I am emotionally invested enough in the situation to discard my usual respect for law and order.

As opposed to the Israelis, who weren't emotionally invested. 

No nation - not even Argentina - has a right to "harbor" genocidal maniacs, either.

Considering what had transpired from 1933-1945, Israel could be described as the Bible described Noah - "blameless in his generation."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies