The American Right: The more things change.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:56:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The American Right: The more things change.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The American Right: The more things change....  (Read 2856 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: August 11, 2013, 06:08:29 PM »

When did Buckley make that racist comment?  Yes, I was aware that he had racist tendencies. Once asked when black Africa should get independence, his answer and I quote was "when they stop eating each other."  I remember wincing at it at the time, about 40 years ago. Buckley at the  very least would get a lot of infraction points for hyperbole if he posted around here from those mods into infracting for that sort of thing. Smiley

At least Buckley was not a Jew hater to give him his due. The "intellectual" Right at once time tended to be both racist and Jew hating.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 06:39:12 PM »

At least Buckley was not a Jew hater to give him his due. The "intellectual" Right at once time tended to be both racist and Jew hating.

Is hating Jews somehow more offensive than hating any other ethnic or religious group?

No, of course, but "hating" but one minority is I suppose better than hating two of them. That I guess was my assumption anyway, when I wrote the statement. Buckley started his own rag in part because the balance of those on the Right in 1950 were Jew hating.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies