The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:43:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)  (Read 49400 times)
Dereich
YaBB God

« on: November 28, 2016, 11:29:58 PM »
« edited: November 29, 2016, 12:46:02 AM by Dereich »

I'll try something different. I'll be Littlefinger. Nevermind this. I'll be playing as someone different. I want to stay in KL though so I'll go with Varys.

Are Cersei, Tommen, and Myrcella still in King's Landing fighting it out, were they captured, or did they manage to flee?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 12:07:49 PM »

Lumine, does Daenerys control the dothraki or she didn't kill them all in this scenario?

Will you give us an estimate of our forces ?

I'm excited Cheesy

How would Dany possibly have killed all the Dothraki?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 06:17:15 PM »

Martells? Unless Myrcella somehow ends up in Dorne I'd assume they could wait a few turns. Is there any particular reason they'd be needed immediately?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 03:14:28 PM »

I already feel very popular Smiley
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 02:51:53 PM »

I still need the Tullys, really. Unless people don't mind Ned Stark controlling their armies.
I mean,
If Edmure Tully dies, Catelyn Stark becomes head of House Tully right?

Technically Hoster is still alive right now, so he'd be head of House Tully. That said, in peacetime I'm not sure they'd allow Catelyn to be head of House Tully unless there was some kind of agreement to name someone other than Robb the heir. Neither the King nor the other Lords Paramount would tolerate a Stark superstate.

Either way, after Edmure the Blackfish would be the natural de facto leader of the Riverlands.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 10:37:37 PM »

Will you share details of what you'd want to those who agree or are those people going to be free to write whatever?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 08:33:21 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2017, 08:41:54 PM by Dereich »

Littlefinger's Financial Strategy (DO NOT STEAL):

1. Make everyone think you're a financial wizard
2. Accumulate huge debts to one lord. DON'T PAY ANYTHING BACK.
3. Have the Crown declare a partial debt default
4. Have the Crown remove the lord's titles
5. Get yourself named the new lord

It works, I guess...
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 09:39:51 PM »

It may be delayed a couple of hours... hearing of John Hurt's death forced me to watch some of his scenes as Caligula.

But dice rolls are done, three of you ended up dying.

THREE?

My honest guess is that Edmure Tully, Walder Frey, and Khal Drogo ended up dying.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 09:06:13 PM »

Thirded, though I can finish fast if need be.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 11:45:23 PM »

I'm certainly fine with it in the future. But for today I'm happy for the extension.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 09:28:03 PM »

RIP that person. They will be missed unless they won't.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 11:15:51 PM »

I've always disliked the Greyjoys in these games and thought they are essentially traps for aspiring players. Once you get the role you realize you have no potential allies (because nobody SERIOUSLY wants to allow the realm to split up), too few military resources to have a critical impact on the war, but a strong enough navy to make invasion highly unlikely. Garlan is the only one who came close to a significant impact and that's because that game was pre-Wot5k and independence wasn't the only option.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 11:50:46 PM »

I've always disliked the Greyjoys in these games and thought they are essentially traps for aspiring players. Once you get the role you realize you have no potential allies (because nobody SERIOUSLY wants to allow the realm to split up), too few military resources to have a critical impact on the war, but a strong enough navy to make invasion highly unlikely. Garlan is the only one who came close to a significant impact and that's because that game was pre-Wot5k and independence wasn't the only option.

Yeah, whole time I played I thought. "It don't really matter who I side with, they gonna back stab me anyways." Was banking on the Targaryan deciding I wasn't worth the trouble of retaking.

Yeah my thinking was "trusting a Greyjoy seems really foolish" and that's show prejudice lol

Paid off for Viserys and would have made a great asset. I disagree though Dereich, the importance of naval powers cannot be underestimated. They can only be challenged by one of the other real navies and therefore you rule the best form of travel in the game.

Sure, but travel for what? The Greyjoys don't have the manpower to seriously stand against any of the other Lords Paramount on Westerosi soil. Using the Iron Fleet to raid is well and good in the short-term but it does no good in securing allies or Ironborn independence. Choosing the Greyjoys gives a great and rare resource in a navy...but that's really ALL it gives you. The Tyrells, Essosi, and Stannis also have navies with the added benefit of significant land resources or allies as well.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2017, 11:51:07 AM »

You're telling me.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2017, 12:05:43 PM »

I don't think anyone except the Lannisters had a good turn, tbh Tongue  And even with them, the good things were – aside from gaining the Iron Bank's backing (tip of the hat to Spamage for pulling that off, btw; I had a genuine "d'oh, why didn't I think of that" moment when I read that you'd gotten their support) – more that things didn't go nearly as badly as they could've (as opposed to actually going well).

Viserys had a pretty good turn, as did Drogo, if you're just looking at this turn vs last turn.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 09:07:55 PM »

So I guess Viserys and the Robert bastard are the frontrunners right ?

Viserys, Edric, and Tommen are in a tight three-way battle, I think.  Edric has legitimacy and the broadest coalition, Viserys has the best strategic position and will likely take KL soon, and Tommen has manpower and money.

That is VERY CLEARLY not the case; to view Edric as legitimate ignores the very very strong stigma against bastardy in Westeros. It's well established that only the monarch can legitimize a bastard and there has been no suggestion that Robert ever legitimized Edric. The realm (partially excepting Dorne) has refused in the past to treat bastards as real claimants for good reasons; accepting them debases marriage (wrecking political alliances and trashing promises to the Faith), they are living reminders of their lordly parent's sins and failures as people, they are are themselves treated by society at large as an untrustworthy and devious (see Snow, Ramsay/Jon), and perhaps most importantly the LAST time a royal bastard was legitimized it led to FIVE CIVIL WARS, wars that living Westerosi have fought in.

If you want to use the House Baratheon claim, don't think Tommen is Robert's son, and think that Renly's reign was anywhere close to having legitimacy the only possible claimant is Shireen. Of the three I'd argue that Edric has the least legitimacy; both Viserys and Tommen (supposedly) were legitimate and acknowledged offspring of royal marriages.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 01:44:04 PM »

Honestly Lumine,
The only thing that ed up in this game is the Stannis-Viserys alliance, it should have never happened. But the rest is really good!

The Stannis-Viserys alliance IS odd, but at least there was a conversation in the books where Stannis admitted the hardship he had in choosing between his Targaryen King and his brother. You could spin out a "Stannis looking for redemption for a mistake" storyline with a lot of GM leeway. There is at least a bit more evidence for it than the Ned Stark-Renly alliance; that one makes zero sense with what we know of Ned.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2017, 12:09:52 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2017, 01:12:33 AM by Dereich »

Turn over? Since we're a few hours past midnight I'll assume so and announce that I intend to rejoin (unless something goes HORRIBLY WRONG) as Randall Tarly.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 07:09:36 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Is this supposed to imply that Damphair and Euron are working together? That sounds...odd.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 04:04:44 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2017, 04:08:05 PM by Dereich »

Very personal, actually, but I'll survive.  *snip*

I hope everything's alright! Sad

Thank you! But no, it really isn't.

Turn is up, but it's very simple on the "crisis" for each player given the current circumstances (hope you won't mind). I do have a proposal, since I think I went overboard by having Lysa Arryn kill herself after learning about Baelish's death. Lysa would be an interesting factor to be playable, and in that sense I was wondering whether X would be interested in playing as Lysa (which I believe is the case) and whether people would complain about this retcon.

I'll wait until tomorrow night for responses and then edit either Royce or Lysa into the turn.

I say you make it a botched suicide attempt. That would make early reports of her death and Yohn's powergrab attempt at leadership make sense while reinforcing the instability and psychological issues we've come to know and love from Lysa. If you want to go extreme with it, have it leave a mark so her crazy inside can be matched by a crazy outside.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 04:24:58 PM »

Very personal, actually, but I'll survive.  *snip*

Turn is up, but it's very simple on the "crisis" for each player given the current circumstances (hope you won't mind). I do have a proposal, since I think I went overboard by having Lysa Arryn kill herself after learning about Baelish's death. Lysa would be an interesting factor to be playable, and in that sense I was wondering whether X would be interested in playing as Lysa (which I believe is the case) and whether people would complain about this retcon.

I'll wait until tomorrow night for responses and then edit either Royce or Lysa into the turn.

I say you make it a botched suicide attempt. That would make early reports of her death and Yohn's powergrab attempt at leadership make sense while reinforcing the instability and psychological issues we've come to know and love from Lysa. If you want to go extreme with it, have it leave a mark so her crazy inside can be matched by a crazy outside.

Nah, the Vale Lords would probably just ignore/depose her then Sad  Plus it'd rob the Vale of it's most competent commander which hardly seems fair.

If they didn't already, when she married LF? No way. Especially Yohn; no way he'd disrespect Jon Arryn's memory and sully his honor by trying to keep power after he found out Lysa was still alive (and still held his liegelord).
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 05:24:14 PM »

Very personal, actually, but I'll survive.  *snip*

Nah, the Vale Lords would probably just ignore/depose her then Sad  Plus it'd rob the Vale of it's most competent commander which hardly seems fair.

If they didn't already, when she married LF? No way. Especially Yohn; no way he'd disrespect Jon Arryn's memory and sully his honor by trying to keep power after he found out Lysa was still alive (and still held his liegelord).
Presumably that would be retconed too as I only asked Swedge to do it b/c I believed Lysa was dead.  Nice try, but it's pretty obvious what your real agenda is Roll Eyes

Also I'm not gonna switch if it's under the conditions Dereich described because...well...I'm not stupid Tongue  It'd really be a shame too because I had some really fun ideas about what Lysa might do in this situation that could've made the game a lot less predictable and even more fun for everyone than it already is Sad

My real agenda is to make a better story that makes sense in the universe, as it always is. Lysa is emotional, dramatic, and utterly devoted to Petyr Bailish. Her at very least attempting a showy suicide attempt after his death makes much more sense than her taking sudden, violent death in stride. She found his body, stabbed and bloody for gods sake. I think it would be OOC any other way.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2017, 08:17:47 PM »

Any deaths?
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2017, 09:35:51 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2017, 09:43:33 PM by Dereich »

Prediction time:

Mance, Doran, and Euron are safe. Doran, arguably the least healthy person outside Wyman Manderly in the series, is somehow going to outlive us all.

Even though I (presumably) went into battle, I think I'm ok as well.

I can only see 2 people getting GameOver'd:
Lysa and Catelyn: Lysa for her general insanity and Catelyn for her general unpopularity/ongoing rebellion. I'd bet pretty heavily on Catelyn, seeing as Enduro plans to not play next turn.

For deaths, several people were in risky situations. I'd bet:

Tyrion wasn't relieved in time and died.
Viserys was hammer and anvil'd between Drogo and the Stormlanders
One of Roose/Edric/Drogo went into a situation which had poor dice rolls. I'm inclined towards Roose, though I've felt like there is a Sword of Damocles hanging over Drogo since turn one and would never be surprised to see it fall.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 12:05:07 PM »

Lumine when you say "x people will die", could you tell us the names please? Because it makes me so anxious lol

No way! Creating anticipation is the whole reason for telling us!
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies