College Recruitment for the Military Protection Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:39:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  College Recruitment for the Military Protection Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College Recruitment for the Military Protection Bill  (Read 25661 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: May 18, 2006, 03:07:09 PM »

It's not as if this bill forces students to join the military. All that we are trying to do here is reach a large number of possible applicants. Recruitment numbers have fallen in recent years, and if we want to be able to intervene in foreign affairs if neccessary, we need to have a military with the man power to  conduct operations in places spanning the globe. I do not see why, for state funded universities, we cannot try to persuade people to help protect their own country. This is not some sort of draft in any way, shape, or form. It's just an expansion of recruitment, and such an effort is badly needed at this time.

Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 04:52:06 PM »

Almost all universities, including private universities, are funded to some degree or another by "the state" or the government. I do not believe that there are many universities that receive no public funding whatsoever.

I was not aware of this. Seeing as this is the case, I would support the language in the bill being changed from "universities funded by the state" to "public universities".

Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 06:36:25 PM »

The larger the military you have, the more expensive to the taxpayer.  Assuming I didn't miss some change between the U.S. and Atlasia, Atlasia has nukes, cruise missiles, and tanks.  You don't need many people to operate those and we shouldn't be needing to use those much either.

That's a strongly inaccurate view of the military. Sure, we have advanced technology, but we still need strong manpower if we are going to be an active presence around the world. People can do things powerful weapons never will be able to.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 05:32:24 PM »

I strongly encourage such a measure.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies