The VP pick for Obama: Jim Webb (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:35:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  The VP pick for Obama: Jim Webb (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The VP pick for Obama: Jim Webb  (Read 8123 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: January 09, 2008, 01:06:50 PM »

Nope.  He, like Obama has exactly 2 yrs in the senate.  Obama is going to need some experience to offset his lack of experience on the ticket.  Webb aint it.

A former Secretary of the Navy doesn't cut it?

Would Wes Clark cut it?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 04:22:40 PM »

Sorry, Social Darwinist, I don't know either Easley or Webb well enough to give you an opinion on that. Webb's previous experience in the Reagan Administration I think would be enough to offset his lack of Senatorial experience. I don't know where Webb stands on the issues and whether he agrees or disagrees with Obama on issues that they each consider fundamental. Given the number of ECVs held by Florida, it might benefit Obama to look for someone from there.

Bob Graham? (who, btw I think would have been a good running mate for Gore or Kerry, but I don't think he's relevent anymore)

I think former Senator Graham has been in failing health since leaving the Senate.  I am not sure, though.  I thought he mentioned his health as one concern in ending his Presidential campaign some years ago.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies