What is in your opinion the most Virgin and most Chad counties in your state?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 08:22:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is in your opinion the most Virgin and most Chad counties in your state?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is in your opinion the most Virgin and most Chad counties in your state?  (Read 284 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2024, 10:10:42 PM »

Most Virgin: Pipestone, it's dull to begin with and has some Dutch Calvinist enclaves without any alcohol or parties...the epitome of Virgin.

Most Chad: Going to go with St. Louis actually. Duluth is a party heavy college town, and the Iron Range towns are also known in addition to being very ancestrally D and Obama/Trump places for very Chad places, they were the most opposed to the indoor smoking ban and are party havens for people from the Twin Cities metro.
satsuma
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -2.61

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 01:22:32 AM »

Most virgin: Rockwall, for contributing the least land area to the 2nd-biggest state. It's also a suburb.

Most chad: Kenedy, for focusing on what's really important in Texas: ranching, without the distraction of other industries.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 03:07:13 AM »

Virgin: Salem.

Chad: Bergen?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 05:56:18 PM »

Virgin: Broomfield. Literally has no identity to justify its existence. It’s a boring stretch of suburbia that thinks it isn’t Adams County.

Chad: Chaffee. Salida is a cool town and the McCain-Obama-Trump-Biden vote is gigachad swing voter meme level worthy.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2024, 07:07:41 PM »

Virgin: Seminole County. No real reason for it to exist. It just feels like an extension of the Orlando suburbs.

Chad: Miami-Dade unfortunately.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2024, 09:50:51 PM »

In Lima:

CD: Santiago de Surco
Variety(rich, UMC, LMC, WC, poor areas), history, good parks, good retail options, etc.

VD: San Luis?
Lima's Wyoming (some think it doesn't exist).
Lame LMC/WC/poor areas.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2024, 09:38:14 PM »

Most Virgin:  Gilchrist County

Most Chad:  Broward County
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2024, 07:52:41 AM »

Gonna do NC and MA.

NC:
Virgin: Avery, maybe? Basically only exists so as to bring the county count up to a nice and even 100.
Chad: Wake, with an honorary mention to sigma Mecklenburg.

MA:
Virgin: Worcester--home to New England's second-biggest city (my hometown!) and yet Worcester city can't outvote the rest of the county.
Chad: Suffolk, maybe?
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2024, 10:07:06 AM »
« Edited: May 18, 2024, 10:10:11 AM by Nutmeg »

DC:

Chad Ward: Ward 1. Regularly is the only ward to vote against (or give the lowest margin of victory to) the establishment candidates. Warren got 22% of the vote in the 2020 primary (and a delegate citywide) despite having dropped out months prior.  Extremely diverse demographically and the most densely populated part of the city. My home since 2010.

Virgin Ward: Ward 3. NIMBY city. Hardly any development allowed to occur there because of rich white homeowners’  opposition to everything. Elected a conservadem to the school board; he is using it as a platform to spew nonsense and remain relevant after failing to be elected to the Council.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2024, 11:18:55 AM »

most chad is navajo bcuz it has monument valley

most virgin is la paz bcuz i really dont understand y it is a separate county, seems like it should be part of mohave or yuma county
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2024, 02:45:53 PM »

NC:

Virgin: The suggestion of Avery is interesting, but I would probably go with any of the counties with an especially strong streak of upper-class Ted Cruz-esque conservatism -- Wake (where that tendency is no longer majoritarian), Moore, Union, or New Hanover, which is probably my pick.
Chad: Watauga has the best presidential primary results in the state, but Durham probably has the strongest activist base and most left-wing political culture, so it wins.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2024, 05:05:59 AM »

NC:

Virgin: The suggestion of Avery is interesting, but I would probably go with any of the counties with an especially strong streak of upper-class Ted Cruz-esque conservatism -- Wake (where that tendency is no longer majoritarian), Moore, Union, or New Hanover, which is probably my pick.
Chad: Watauga has the best presidential primary results in the state, but Durham probably has the strongest activist base and most left-wing political culture, so it wins.
Yeah, I was hoping you'd chime in, just 'cause you know NC better than I do.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2024, 09:32:33 AM »

For Washington State, the biggest Chad county is definitely Skamania. Bigfoot and DB Cooper country, votes pretty randomly on pretty much everything, and the home of Mt. St. Helens.

This local legend is pretty telling:
In the summer of 1924, a group of gold prospectors claimed that 7 feet (2.1 m) tall ape-like animals attacked them with boulders. According to their tale, they came across the animals in the wilderness, and when one of the group fired a rifle at one of the animals, he struck it three times, and saw the wounded animal topple off a cliff into an inaccessible canyon. The ape men supposedly returned later to bombard their cabin with large stones and leave giant footprints.

Biggest Virgin county is pretty hard to say, but I'm going to go with Benton County. It has a population over 200,000, but it still feels really rural, and it somehow manages to both be extremely well-educated thanks to the Pacific Northwest National Lab at Hanford while also having terrible turnout and a very "country club Republican" voting record.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies