The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 03:30:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Atlas Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts  (Read 194791 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2011, 11:18:32 AM »

Stop.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2011, 11:58:19 AM »

One of my favorite contributors and a surefire first ballot Atlas Deluge Hall of Famer:

That he's not obsessed with mass-murdering brown people automatically makes him less bigoted than Obama or the vast majority of US politicians.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2011, 02:53:24 PM »

I haven't read a single word of what you guys are talking about but I'm sure it doesn't belong here.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2011, 04:31:21 PM »

The Dark Knight was an embarrassment to previous Batman films.

There. I said it.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2011, 05:24:41 PM »

Just because you say it does not make it true. Nothing said before the age of 18 is true.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2011, 11:22:10 AM »

This country would be better off today if Pat Buchanan had been President.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2011, 10:58:11 AM »

I haven't been thinking along those lines, personally.  However, I know that these men and women are human and they can easily have a George Allen moment just as easy as the rest of us can.  I don't think Sen. Allen was sincere in the 'macaca' verbage, it was just a slip of the tongue, IMO, and being on the statewide stage like that, was blown up more than it would be if you or me were to say the same thing.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2011, 11:02:47 AM »

Asian stock indexes are already feeling the pain. Korea's Kospi tumbled 5% after the announcement, and other East Asian markets are following suit. China's Shanghai index is already down by 2.5%, so who knows what will happen once markets reopen.
Wait, why would the death of the leader of North Korea, the most isolated country in the world, effect stocks?

They don't know how the new leadership of NK will act, all they know is that Kim never started Korean War II.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2011, 05:27:56 PM »

Presumably those 2.5 million Americans, or at least some of them, would like to become productive and successful members of society by gaining well compensated employment which provides health care coverage.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2011, 10:16:48 AM »

Wow. That actually got me up and clapping!
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2011, 01:29:26 PM »

European-style class warfare is soundly rejected each and every time it is tried in America nationwide. What worked for Ted freakin' Kennedy in Massachusetts does not work nationally. Just ask Walter Mondale.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »

What an excellent man. I think Thune would make a terrific Vice President.

I watched one of Romney's speeches earlier, and it gave me the goosebumps. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about tomorrow - not sure if Romney will be first, but regardless, I think tomorrow will be a very positive day for the our next President.

Thune is honored to support Mitt Romney.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2012, 09:48:32 PM »

I have been wondering since I fell in love with her music 3 years ago.
But I absolutely have no clue.
And I haven't read anything about her political views so far, either.

PS: I hope you are able to label the quadrants correctly.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2012, 04:15:17 PM »

Reagan failed twice at winning the presidential nomination, so I am going to hold off judgement on this call. In fact, he was seen as a "weak" candidate in a "weak" field back in 1980.

I love when people write their own version of history.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2012, 10:00:55 AM »

Did we get these?

1) Rand Paul is about to become an American folkhero.

2) The Obama administration knows they are completely screwed and are, probably, scheming as best they can to delay his release past the evening news hour.

3) A Federal Court order to release him just might be issued before the news hour.

Good for Rand. This should help Ron out a little bit.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2012, 07:28:30 PM »

I would sincerely like to thank Mr. Inks and hope we can put the unfortunate events of the past behind us.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2012, 03:48:18 PM »

What else would one expect from a desperate, underhanded, conniving, double-dealer like Santorum, who knows he's lost but is simply too arrogant and self centred to do the right thing and drop out for the good of the party.

Santorum has become so frantic about losing that he has stooped so low as to stealing delegates from Romney.

This is truly a dispicable performance that Santorum and Paul have colluded in.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »

I'm still waiting for the examples of President Obama apologizing for the United States abroad.

"People of Berlin, people of the world, this is our moment. This is our time. I know my country has not perfected itself. (cheers) At times we struggle to keep the promise of liberty and equality for all of our people, we’ve made our share of mistakes, and there are times when our actions around the world have not lived up to our best intentions."

and

“… America was not born as a colonial power,” he told the Arab viewing audience – implying we are now. And he regretfully confessed, “We sometimes make mistakes. We are not perfect.”

Just two examples out of many. Does he ever say the word "apologize" ? No. But it's greatly implied.....
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »

Pretty sure Romney has never taken a $50,000/day vacation, and certainly not at the taxpayer's expense.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2012, 09:20:51 PM »

Mostly because of who this is coming from:

Obama is surrounded by yes men, lackeys, flunkys, toadys, and sycophants, who tell him what he wants to hear.

So obviously Obama.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2012, 12:22:02 AM »

Maybe its time for the silent majority to speak.  All of the people who were bitching about Inks's decision to close this thread are, by and large, the same spammers and circle-jerkers that regularly degrade the quality of The Atlas.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2012, 10:01:30 AM »

Maybe its time for the silent majority to speak.  All of the people who were bitching about Inks's decision to close this thread are, by and large, the same spammers and circle-jerkers that regularly degrade the quality of The Atlas.

LOL ... dude, why do you even post here?  A large amount of your posts are dedicated to simply reposting stuff in this thread.  Try actually engaging in poltical discussion instead of spending most of your time on the Forum Community board.  After all, this is a POLITICAL forum.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2012, 10:04:47 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2012, 10:07:27 AM by Dale Cooper »

Maybe its time for the silent majority to speak.  All of the people who were bitching about Inks's decision to close this thread are, by and large, the same spammers and circle-jerkers that regularly degrade the quality of The Atlas.

LOL ... dude, why do you even post here?  A large amount of your posts are dedicated to simply reposting stuff in this thread.  Try actually engaging in poltical discussion instead of spending most of your time on the Forum Community board.  After all, this is a POLITICAL forum.

Respect your elders Inks. He's been around on this forum A LOT longer than you have.
I just glanced through his recent posts...he's had somewhere between 2-5 posts (depending on how you define things) of any substance on a real subject in his last 105 posts.  It doesn't take long to do because most of his posts are either one line, or long quotes with nothing added.  Inks is 100% correct.  He's like your buddy, but without the bright colors and old timey piano playing in the background.

Sorry I haven't met your standards, sir.

I appreciate you going through my last 100 posts though. Hopefully that was the cure for your hard-on.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2012, 06:23:58 PM »

I went through and cleared out the clutter at Dale's request in the other thread, but apparently as I did that, he locked it and unlocked this one.  So, I've deleted the old thread.  Let the deluge begin...

No, that was me.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2012, 06:25:34 PM »

I went through and cleared out the clutter at Dale's request in the other thread, but apparently as I did that, he locked it and unlocked this one.  So, I've deleted the old thread.  Let the deluge begin...

No, that was me.

You deleted it?  Hmm... we must've done it at the same time.  Oh well - doesn't matter now.

No no. I just locked it and unlocked this one. It was clear it wasn't going any where.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies