Man receives 25 years for insulting creators of stupid, unfunny show (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:55:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Man receives 25 years for insulting creators of stupid, unfunny show (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Man receives 25 years for insulting creators of stupid, unfunny show  (Read 27779 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: February 27, 2011, 12:13:32 PM »

...unlike family guy, which only targets special needs people.

and Asians, and hicks, and Jews, and homosexuals, and black people, and Southerners, and paranoid conservatives, and tree huggers, etc., etc.,

I agree that the title of the thread is misleading and that the article is poorly written.  Just to be clear, this guy is not being charged with, or sentenced for, insulting the creators of a show.

That said, I also think the sentence was harsh.  All he did was speak something, write something, and maybe attempt to enjoy his right of free association with a group of people.  Somewhere in Virginia, James Madison and Thomas Jefferson must be rolling over in their graves.  Most of the time I think opebo's diatribes against the "bad place" are silly, but I'd have to agree when he calls it a Police State.

He was charged with two things, and I'd bet that the charge of providing material support to a terrorist organization  carries a harsher sentence, and is the reason why the sentence was 25 years instead of just a few.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies