Chicago teachers asking for 30% raises over next 2 years (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:23:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Chicago teachers asking for 30% raises over next 2 years (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chicago teachers asking for 30% raises over next 2 years  (Read 24032 times)
Link
« on: September 12, 2012, 01:09:43 PM »

Krazen's obsession notwithstanding, you guys really think teachers should get a 30% raise?

Here's what Kraisins won't tell you...

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Link.

How many of you would walk out of a $75,000 cake job?  I want the free market capitalist on this forum to explain this REALITY.  Don't just throw up a cherry picked string of statistics.  Explain to the forum inspite of all the wonderful benefits and three months off, and blah, blah, blah HALF of the people throw up their hand within 5 years.  Free market capitalism says if you have such a sweet lucrative cake deal you stick with it.  So is free market capitalism wrong or is the right wing teacher fantasy garbage?

To answer your question Senator, I don't know.  I need a lot more real information before I can say whether what they are demanding is reasonable or crazy.
Link
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 05:13:07 PM »

Rahm Emanuel is among the worst mayors in the country.

Why do you say that?
Link
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 06:02:24 PM »

Chicago Public School enrollment has plunged 17% in the last decade with the fine job done by these teachers.

As it has in most urban areas...your point?

No one cares about this strike btw...

Obviously with a plunging school population, teachers need to be fired and schools need to be closed.

Why?

If they need to reduce the work force it can be accomplished easily through attrition.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies