The Failure of Tippecanoe (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:34:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Failure of Tippecanoe (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Failure of Tippecanoe  (Read 5022 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 11, 2012, 10:38:20 PM »

Awesome work man! Please continue!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 03:46:35 PM »

WI was only at 30% because Marty VB was running on the FS ticket. Are you not changing the PV map percentages?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 08:52:35 PM »

Lincoln was hardly a radical, but continue. Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 10:19:27 PM »

As I recall, WV really had no use for slaves in the first place since it was made up mountaineers and whatnot, which is why it ended up being loyal to the Union and voted Republican straight, 1864 to 1872. It was only 1876 as I recall that it became a swing state. Maybe Kansas could work as the new slave state?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 11:00:38 PM »

As I recall, WV really had no use for slaves in the first place since it was made up mountaineers and whatnot, which is why it ended up being loyal to the Union and voted Republican straight, 1864 to 1872. It was only 1876 as I recall that it became a swing state. Maybe Kansas could work as the new slave state?

Problem is, I can't get Kansas on a map until 1864, and by that time, WV is already its own state. So Kansas can't work, sadly. I might be mistaken, but I remember seeing NYC on one of these maps as a state (in fact, I think it was you who created it), similar to DC. I don't plan on adding that to the timeline as of now, but is such an addition possible?

I actually think you may be thinking of a map I made. What I did was copy the map to Microsoft Paint and edit it from there. By pressing the "Screen Shot" or "PrntScr" ("Print Screen) button at the top right of your keyboard, you can copy the entire screen into paint. You remove the map and put it into a different document and edit it any way you want. All I did was past some numbers next to Manhattan Island.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 11:01:57 AM »

This is based on Mechaman and Cathcons awesome timelines.

Didn't notice this. Thanks. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies