DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:55:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 270786 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4750 on: March 01, 2021, 08:53:52 PM »

The paramilitary groups of the 1990s never dreamed of this moment getting not only as much PR, but such incredible popular support across the country. In a span of a little more than a decade since the Great Recession, what were once irrelevant loons used as a joke have become major in conducting attacks on government property from the Malhuer Reserve to the White House, active in terrorising the population from Ferguson to Charlottesville, and managing to have some relation with the police and the president against the Left and the Democratic Party.

Even if the current big 4 disintegrate under FBI operations against them–Oath Keepers, Three Percenters, Atomwaffen Division, and the Proud Boys–the splinters will be even harder to infiltrate and destroy. While the true danger of all of this will take some time, as a significant amount of them are behind bars for the coup attempt, it is only a matter of when they get tired living under a Democratic Administration. If the Democratic Party is still in national relevance for the presidency by the late 2020s  and has a shoo in in to win in the early 2030s, by then we will see a cloud of terror not seen since Reconstruction.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4751 on: March 03, 2021, 05:42:04 PM »

FWIW: Tomorrow is another "big day" in the QAnon theory, and Congress has cancelled its session after receiving threats of an attack from a militia group. Several Twitter users are claiming to be in DC and preparing for "something" along the lines of a repeat of 1/6.

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #4752 on: March 03, 2021, 05:46:46 PM »

FWIW: Tomorrow is another "big day" in the QAnon theory, and Congress has cancelled its session after receiving threats of an attack from a militia group. Several Twitter users are claiming to be in DC and preparing for "something" along the lines of a repeat of 1/6.

I sort of wonder what the next day Trump will definitely be inaugurated will be after tomorrow comes and goes and Trump is still in Florida
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4753 on: March 03, 2021, 06:02:53 PM »

Correction/Clarification: Only The House is finishing work tonight.
We expect the Senate to still be in session tomorrow to work on covid relief.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #4754 on: March 03, 2021, 06:23:37 PM »

I sort of wonder what the next day Trump will definitely be inaugurated will be after tomorrow comes and goes and Trump is still in Florida

Maybe it'll become "Congrats on your second inauguration President Trump! Can't wait to visit the new US Capitol in Palm Beach!"
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #4755 on: March 03, 2021, 06:54:58 PM »

I've been looking forward to March 4th for months. The QTards on the message boards I lurk on are becoming restless. They want to take matters into their own hands.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4756 on: March 03, 2021, 07:26:37 PM »

I've been looking forward to March 4th for months. The QTards on the message boards I lurk on are becoming restless. They want to take matters into their own hands.

I've heard some rumors that some of them are now saying March 20th is the "real" date.  No idea how they came up with that.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4757 on: March 03, 2021, 07:32:09 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2021, 07:46:52 PM by wants to resurrect the bull moose party »

I've heard some rumors that some of them are now saying March 20th is the "real" date.  No idea how they came up with that.

From what I had Googled up on events that had taken place on March 20th, these things could be what Qtards could be most likely be referring to.

• Napoleon entering Paris after escaping from Elba island
  • The founding of the Republican Party in Ripon, Wisconsin
  • Douglas MacArthur delivered his "I came out of Bataan and I shall return" speech after the Philippines fell to the Japanese
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4758 on: March 03, 2021, 07:42:32 PM »

QAnon in June 2024:

"Just wait guys! Trump will be inaugurated and take office again on July 4, it's the symbolic date!"
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #4759 on: March 03, 2021, 07:49:06 PM »

QAnon in June 2024:

"Just wait guys! Trump will be inaugurated and take office again on July 4, it's the symbolic date!"

I feel like if we make it past the 2024 election with no new developments, we should try to pull the "no review once the next play has started" line, and just make it an argument about Bottlegate if that doesn't work. If there's anything that unites all Americans, it's hating on the NFL for a game that happened 20 years ago.
FrancoAgo
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -6.66, S: -3.33

« Reply #4760 on: March 03, 2021, 07:57:22 PM »

I've heard some rumors that some of them are now saying March 20th is the "real" date.  No idea how they came up with that.

they missinterpreted, or voluntary bad interpreted, the transition act of 2020, where is wrote that the GSA support the elect team for up to 60 days after inaugurations
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4761 on: March 03, 2021, 08:44:57 PM »

I dunno April 20 seems to be a date that would gel better with them
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #4762 on: March 03, 2021, 08:54:25 PM »

So for those of you wondering about the whole March 4th thing - there’s actually a really stupid reason for it.

The Sovereign Citizen movement is a group of conspiracists that believe that the US ceased to exist as a sovereign nation in the 19th century, after President Grant signed a law declaring DC a corporate municipality (altering how local government runs). They erroneously believe that the US was replaced with a corporation - and that any flag with gold leaf is a symbol of the US Corporation - which is property of the City of London.

It’s real dumb.

Anyway. Since the inauguration date was moved in the intervening period, they believe that it is not legitimate.

What has happened is that Qanon and the SCs have crossed over, with some people now believing both. They somehow believe that Trump, who is still in command, will return as President on March 4th, because that’s the day that inaugurations used to be held (before the date was moved up to January).

They believe Trump has somehow dissolved the US corporation, and will take office as the 19th President (all presidents since Grant (the 18th President) being illegitimate puppets of the Corporation).

All this is clearly ludicrous. But it’s an example of how Q’s repeated errors is only radicalising the remaining cultists further. They’ve been driven into a rabid fervour, and are desperate to see their demonic democratic opponents sundered. When that didn’t happen, they had to come up with a new deadline. Like any doomsday cult, their proposed judgment day is come and gone - and now they’re grappling with the cognitive dissonance.

If you want to learn more, I recommend the linked BBC article. Also, Travis View is doing some great research on the whole Qanon situation at large - his stuff is cynical, but well written.
www.bbc.com/news/amp/blogs-trending-56260345
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4763 on: March 03, 2021, 10:55:14 PM »

I've heard some rumors that some of them are now saying March 20th is the "real" date.  No idea how they came up with that.

From what I had Googled up on events that had taken place on March 20th, these things could be what Qtards could be most likely be referring to.

• Napoleon entering Paris after escaping from Elba island
  • The founding of the Republican Party in Ripon, Wisconsin
  • Douglas MacArthur delivered his "I came out of Bataan and I shall return" speech after the Philippines fell to the Japanese

Corregidor, not Bataan. 
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #4764 on: March 03, 2021, 10:58:53 PM »

If I’m ever in DC and meet one of the police officers who were present on 1/6, I’ll buy them a beer. They deserve it.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #4765 on: March 03, 2021, 11:15:11 PM »

I'm hoping that it's just 4/20 lmao, because I can think of only one other reason that date is notable.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4766 on: March 04, 2021, 01:07:40 AM »

The MAGA cult committed a violent insurrection while listening to the Village People and Michael Jackson, that is a odd choice of music for the occasion.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #4767 on: March 04, 2021, 03:06:54 AM »

So for those of you wondering about the whole March 4th thing - there’s actually a really stupid reason for it.

The Sovereign Citizen movement is a group of conspiracists that believe that the US ceased to exist as a sovereign nation in the 19th century, after President Grant signed a law declaring DC a corporate municipality (altering how local government runs). They erroneously believe that the US was replaced with a corporation - and that any flag with gold leaf is a symbol of the US Corporation - which is property of the City of London.

It’s real dumb.

Anyway. Since the inauguration date was moved in the intervening period, they believe that it is not legitimate.

What has happened is that Qanon and the SCs have crossed over, with some people now believing both. They somehow believe that Trump, who is still in command, will return as President on March 4th, because that’s the day that inaugurations used to be held (before the date was moved up to January).

They believe Trump has somehow dissolved the US corporation, and will take office as the 19th President (all presidents since Grant (the 18th President) being illegitimate puppets of the Corporation).

All this is clearly ludicrous. But it’s an example of how Q’s repeated errors is only radicalising the remaining cultists further. They’ve been driven into a rabid fervour, and are desperate to see their demonic democratic opponents sundered. When that didn’t happen, they had to come up with a new deadline. Like any doomsday cult, their proposed judgment day is come and gone - and now they’re grappling with the cognitive dissonance.

If you want to learn more, I recommend the linked BBC article. Also, Travis View is doing some great research on the whole Qanon situation at large - his stuff is cynical, but well written.
www.bbc.com/news/amp/blogs-trending-56260345
There's some of that sure, but most of them don't believe in things happening on a particular date and dismissively refers to that as "date-fagging". I spend way way way too much time on the major Q board.

Either way, they will continue to believe their nonsense for a loooong time to come.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« Reply #4768 on: March 04, 2021, 09:40:46 AM »

Why not April 1st? It's only fitting.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4769 on: March 04, 2021, 10:16:22 AM »

LOL.
All joking aside though .... these idiots are going to keep moving "the date" forward.
Do they even realize they look like a bunch of Clown Shoes?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4770 on: March 04, 2021, 10:23:43 AM »

LOL.
All joking aside though .... these idiots are going to keep moving "the date" forward.

None of these QAnon hacks know that April 20 is Hitler's birthday, lol.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4771 on: March 04, 2021, 10:49:28 AM »

LOL.

Donald Trump will be inaugurated as America's 48th president on March 4, 2027.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4772 on: March 04, 2021, 11:04:00 AM »

Old saying: if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #4773 on: March 04, 2021, 11:06:55 AM »

Yea, but crime is for black people! I can’t possibly be a criminal!

Massive /s, obviously. F#%k this entitled insurrectionist clown six ways from Sunday.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #4774 on: March 04, 2021, 11:18:45 AM »

They are all mentally unhinged.

"Pwease tell me you have a pwan 🥺" He had no plan for governing the past four years you simple b!tch.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies